The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Preparing and distributing the City Council, Successor Agency and Improvement Authority agendas and preparing the minutes for all such meetings.
- Conducting follow-up activities related to the agenda process including the processing of resolutions, ordinances, agreements and the recordation of official documents.
- Processing required legal notices for City Council meetings, including public hearings, so that all interested parties have an opportunity to participate.
- Accepting service on all subpoenas, public records requests, claims, lawsuits and summonses.
- Managing the City's records management program to ensure that public records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements to ensure accessibility and continuity.
- Maintaining and updating the City's Municipal Code.
- Administering all general and special municipal elections, and responding to public inquiries regarding voter registration and polling place locations.
- Coordinating the recruitment and interview process for the City's Planning Commission and five Citizen Advisory Boards.
- Serving as the City's local filing officer for Fair Political Practices Commission under the Political Reform Act.