The City Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Preparing and distributing the City Council, Successor Agency and Improvement Authority agendas and preparing the minutes for all such meetings.
- Conducting follow-up activities related to the agenda process such as processing agreements and recording official documents.
- Processing required legal notices for City Council meetings, including public hearings, so that all interested parties have an opportunity to participate.
- Accepting service on all subpoenas, public records requests, claims and summonses.
- Managing the City's records management program to ensure that public records are maintained in accordance with legal requirements to ensure accessibility and continuity.
- Maintaining and updating the Municipal Code, City Council Policies and City Council Rules of Procedure on a continuing basis.
- Administering all general and special municipal elections, and responding to public inquiries regarding voter registration and polling place locations.
- Conducting recruitments for the City's various Committees, Commissions and other citizen advisory boards.
Serving as the filing officer for Fair Political Practices