CALL TO ORDER:
FLAG SALUTE: NEXT RESOL. NO. 96-29
NEXT ORD. NO. 315
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Minutes of April 8 and 16, 1996. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
2. Claim against the City by Peter R. Noyes. (Purcell) Recommendation: Reject the claim and direct the City Clerk to notify the claimant.
3. Installation of stop signs on Enrose Avenue @ Caddington Drive. (Allison) Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 96- establishing stop sign regulations on Enrose Avenue @ Caddington Drive.
4. Rejection of Sole Bid and re-Soliciting Bids for the Repair of A Storm Drain onMontemalaga and Basswood. (McBride) Recommendation: Reject the bid from Los Angeles Engineering, Inc. and direct staff to re-solicit bids for the project.
5. Household hazardous waste round-up liability agreement with Los Angeles County. (Lindsey) Recommendation: Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to sign the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Siting and Liability Agreement on behalf of the City with the County of Los Angeles, Department of Public Works.
6. Register of Demands. (O'Neil) Recommendation: Adopt the proposed resolution.
8. Review of City Goals and Objectives. (Otto) Recommendation: (1) Select a date for a workshop to discuss the City's Goals and Objectives. (2) Determine the format of the Workshop.
9. Selection of Planning Consultant(s) for Major Projects. (Petru) Recommendation: Authorize Staff to select a private planning consultant to provide project management services for the Ocean Trails project, and other major development projects on an as needed basis.
10. Award of contract for the FY 95-96 street pavement overlay program. (McBride) Recommendation: 1. Declare the bid submitted by Clovis Paving & Sealing,Inc. to be non-responsive and reject the bid; 2. Award a contract to Sequel Contractors, Inc. for the Citywide residential street overlay program and the overlay of Crenshaw Boulevard from Valley View to Burrell Lane for a total contract price of $1,538,052.15. 3. Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute a contract in the amount of $1,538,052.15 with Sequel Contractors, Inc. for the construction of the FY95-96 street pavement overlay program and Crenshaw Boulevard overlay from Valley View to Burrell Lane; 4. Authorize staff to issue deductive Contract Change Order No. 1 ($29,000) deleting the City of Rolling Hills portion of the construction; 5. Authorize expenditures up to $70,000 to cover project contingencies; and 6. Adopt Resolution No. 96 - a budget adjustment to the City's Capital Improvement Projects Fund in the amount of $234,035 for construction of the City's street pavement overlay program for a total construction budget of $1,579,053 ($1,538,053 award amount plus $70,000 for contingencies minus $29,000 for Change Order No. 1).
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to May 20 at 7:30 P.M. for a budget work session to be held in the Community Room at City Hall.