RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3, 1996
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
FLAG SALUTE: NEXT RESOL. NO. 96-
NEXT ORD. NO. 319
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
SELECTION OF MAYOR:
SELECTION OF MAYOR PRO TEM:
# # # #
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Resol. No. 96- Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 96- .
2. Ryan Park Slope Improvements (M.W. Loyd). (Allison)
Recommendation: (1) Accept the work as complete. (2) Authorize the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion and notify the surety company to exonerate the Labor and Material Bonds if no claims are filed during the 35 day legal notice
period. (3) Authorize the Finance
Director to release the retention 35 days after the Notice of
Completion has been recorded by the County Recorder.
3. Notice of Completion for the FY 1995-96 Pavement Overlay Program (Clovis Paving). (Allison)
(1) Accept the work as complete. (2) Authorize
the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion and notify the surety
company to exonerate the Labor and Materials bonds if no claims
are filed during the 35 day legal notice period. (3)
Authorize the Finance Director to release the retention 35 days
after the Notice of Completion has been recorded by the County
4. Appeals of Dangerous Dog Hearing. (Otto)
Recommendation: Schedule the appeal to a "potentially dangerous dog"
determination for 6:00 P.M. , December 17, 1996 (prior to the regular City
5. Notice and Order to Abate a Public Nuisance - Appeal (Pemba Properties,
Inc./Landowner: Stephen J. Densmore, Esq./Appellant). (Pollard)
Continue the item until December 17, 1996, at the appellant's
# # # # # #
6. Vacation of a portion of Whitley Collins Drive. (Allison)
it to January 13, 1997.
7. Code Amendment No. 34 and Environmental Assessment No. 628 -Amendments to Titles 16 and 17 of the City's Municipal Code (Development Code Revisions). (Rojas)
Continue consideration of the amended Development Code to December
8. Height Variation No. 750-Appeal Revision "B". (de Freitas)
Recommendation: Approve a portion of Height Variation No. 750-Revision
"B" including the 606.27 square foot utility/storage room (the 403.9 square foot
heater room and the two storage rooms 94 and 108.37 square feet,
respectively) that have already been constructed and a 257 square foot storage
area over the garage, subject to the following
conditions of approval: 1) the projection (42 square feet) around
the central window of the storage area over the garage shall
be eliminated and the central window shall be reduced in size
by at least 1 foot in diameter and the two smaller windows in
this area shall be eliminated; 2) after elimination of the central
window projection, the front wall of the storage area over the
garage be set back a minimum of 27'-3" from the front property
line (10'-9" from the front of the garage; 3) the maximum
ridge height of the storage area over the garage shall not exceed
19'-2 1/2", as measured pursuant to Development Code Section
17.02.040; 4) require the applicants to apply for a revision
to Variance No. 350 for the additional 9 inch encroachment of
the garage footprint into the required front yard setback area;
and, 5) Direct staff to prepare the appropriate Resolution for
adoption at the next regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
9. Resignation of Planning Commissioner Bruce Franklin. (Purcell)
(1) Instruct the City Clerk to start the recruitment process
to fill this vacancy on the Planning Commission; or, (2) choose
an appointee from the list of prior applicants.
10. Selection of Commission and Committee Chairs.
View Restoration Commission:
Recreation & Parks Committee:
Finance Advisory Committee:
11. Liability Insurance for Beautification Encroachments into the Public Right
of Way. (Evans)
the requirement for Homeowners' Associations to provide general
liability insurance for City Council approved encroachments in
the public right of way for the purpose of beautification.
12. Schedule of City Council Meetings for January 1997. (Purcell)
Determine whether to cancel the January 7, 1997 meeting and
have only the January 21st meeting; or, hold a meeting on January
14 and 28, 1997.
13. Financial Contribution for Economic Study. (Bussey)
Recommendation: Authorize an expenditure of $3,500 towards the cost of an
economic development study to be prepared under the auspices of the City
of Rolling Hills Estates Economic Development
14. View Restoration Permit Guidelines and Height Modification Permit Guidelines.
Recommendation: Adopt the View Restoration Permit Guidelines and Height
Modification Permit Guidelines, which are used to implement Development
Code Section 17.02.040 (View Preservation and Restoration Ordinance), as
recommended by the View Restoration Commission
and Planning Commission.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS:
(This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who
wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This
section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on
the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.