This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. If you participate in the meeting, you should observe the following rules.
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. The City Clerk cannot accept any Request forms submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting.
The agenda is divided into several categories: Consent Calendar: These are routine items and are enacted by one motion unless a request has been received by the public, Council or staff, to discuss a particular item. If you wish to speak about any item(s) on this section of the agenda you are limited to five minutes; Public Hearings, Regular Business, City Council Reports, and City Manager Reports:
If you wish to speak about a particular item under any of these categories, and you have submitted your request to speak, the City Clerk will call you at the appropriate time. You will be allowed three minutes to make your comments and you must limit your remarks to the item being discussed.
If you wish to speak about something NOT on the agenda and have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time. You will be allowed three minutes to make your remarks and you must limit your comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes; no action will be taken on matters brought up under this portion of the agenda but may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff.
Please make your remarks at the podium microphone. Direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct At the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts in respect to a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.
JUNE 17, 1997
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
FLAG SALUTE: NEXT RESOL. NO. 97-52
NEXT ORD. NO. 324
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Minutes of May 20 and June 7, 1997. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
2. Award of Road and Landscape Shoulder Maintenance Services for Fiscal Year 1997-98. (Hillstead)
Recommendation: Award a three year contract for Road and Landscape Shoulder Maintenance Services to Landscape West, Inc., for the bid amount of $127,834.80 per year.
3. Notice of Completion for Ryco Construction of Palos Verdes Drive West Landscape Median Improvements. (Hillstead)
Recommendation: (1) Accept the work as complete. (2) Authorize the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion and notify the surety company to exonerate the labor and materials bonds if no claims are filed during the 35 day legal notice period. (3) Authorize the Finance Director to release the retention 35 days after the Notice of Completion has been recorded by the County Recorder.
4. FY 1996-97 Budget Resolution for Transfer of funds from the Landscape and Street Lighting District. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 97- a resolution of the City Council of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes amending Resol. No. 96-37, the Budget Appropriation for Fiscal Year 1996-97, for a Budget Transfer of Funds from the city's Landscape and Street Lighting (1972 Act) fund to the General Fund and the Gas Tax Fund.
5. Approval of Specifications for a Radio Communications System. (Evans)
Recommendation: Approve specifications for the purchase of a 60 watt low band radio communications system.
6. Electric Vehicle Loan Agreement. (Evans)
Recommendation: Approve the electric vehicle loan agreement with the Southern California Edison Company and Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to sign said agreement.
7. Award of Asphalt, Concrete and Sign Maintenance Services for Fiscal Year 1997-98. (Hillstead)
Recommendation: Award a three year contract for asphalt, concrete and sign maintenance services to Hardy & Harper, Inc. for the bid amount of $249,112 per year.
8. Claim against the City by Louise Dallas. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Reject the claim and direct the City Clerk to notify the claimant.
9. Landslide Moratorium Exception No. 21 - Revision. Applicant: Portuguese Bend Community Association. Lot 119, Tract No. 14500 (Northeast Corner of PVDS and Narcissa Drive. ) (Ward)
Recommendation: Approve the request to waive Condition of Approval No. 9 and No. 10 of Landslide Moratorium Exception No. 21, thereby rescinding the requirement that the applicant record two covenants agreeing to (1) support and participate in existing or future sewer and/or storm drain assessment districts; and (2) an irrevocable offer to dedicate to the City a sewer and storm drain easement on the subject property.
10. City Investment Policy for Fiscal Year 1997-97. (Burton)
Recommendation: Adopt the revised investment policy for Fiscal Year 1997-98.
11. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 97- .
# # # # # # #
12. View Restoration Permit No. 29 Appeal. (Applicants: Mr. & Mrs. Norbert Keilbach, 3632 Greve Drive. Foliage Owner: Mr. Jon Echevarrieta, 30327 Ganado Drive. (Nelson)
Recommendation: Open the public hearing and continue to July 1, 1997.
13. Annual Budget for Fiscal Year 1997-98. (Bussey)
Recommendation: After any further additions or deletions to the proposed budget document: (1) Adopt Resolution No. 97- establishing the City's Appropriation Limit for Fiscal Year 1997-98; and (2) Adopt Resolution No. 97- approving a budget appropriation and adopting the operating and capital improvement budget for Fiscal Year 1997-98 which begins on July 1, 1997.
14. Natural Communities Conservation Planning (NCCP) Interim Habitat Loss (4d) Permit Process. (Rojas)
Recommendation: (1) Review the two draft versions of the Coastal Sage Scrub Interim Habitat Loss Permit Process being presented by staff; and (2) Adopt Resoll. No. 97- thereby approving a Coastal Sage Scrub Interim Habitat Loss Permit Process, pursuant to the Section 4 (D) "Special Rule" of the Federal Endangered Species Act.
15. Joint Powers Agreement for the Self-Insurance Authority for Effective Risk Management (SAFER). (Purcell)
Recommendation: (1) Appoint a representative and an Alternate Representative to serve on the SAFER Board of Directors; and (2) Adopt Resol. No. 97- of the City Council of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes approving that certain agreement entitled "Joint Powers Agreement of the Self-0Insurance Authority for Effective Risk Management. "
16. 1997 Neighborhood Watch Appreciation Luncheon. (Otto)
Recommendation: Select a date for the 1997 Neighborhood Watch Appreciation Luncheon.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.