This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. The City Council wants to hear your comments, however, to run the meeting efficiently, please observe the following rules when you participate in the meeting:
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. You will be called at the appropriate time to make your remarks. The City Clerk cannot accept any request submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting. If you participate in a noticed public hearing, however, the time you take to make your comments will not be counted against the ten minute limitation.
For the sake of efficiency, the City Council agenda is divided into several sections: Consent Calendar: This section consists of routine items which, unless a request has been received from the public, council or staff to remove a particular item for discussion, are enacted by one motion of the City Council. If you wish to speak to any Consent Calendar item(s) you will be limited to five minutes. Public Hearings: This section is devoted to noticed hearings; the length of time you get to speak during these hearings is frequently determined by the number of speakers on the item. Generally, you will be allowed three minutes unless the Mayor announces otherwise. Regular Business: This section contains items of general business and you will be allowed three minutes to speak on any item.
Audience Comments: This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes and is reserved for making comments on matters which are NOT on the agenda. If you have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time and you may speak for up to three minutes. Please limit your comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Due to State law, no action can be taken on matters brought up under Audience Comments. If action by the City Council is necessary, the matter may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff, as determined by Council.
Please make your remarks at the lectern microphone and direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct At the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The Mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts at a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
MARCH 17, 1998
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
5:30 P.M. ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
VIEW RESTORATION PERMIT APPEAL HEARING
1. View Restoration Permit No. 29 - 2nd Appeal (Applicants: Mr.. Norbert Keilbach, 3632 Greve Drive; Foliage Owner: Mr. Jon Echevarrieta, 30327 Ganado Drive)
Recommendation: Adopt RESOL. NO. 98- ; AFFIRMING THE DECISION OF THE VIEW RESTORATION COMMISSION AND APPROVING VIEW RESTORATION PERMIT NO. 29 UPON FINDING THAT ALL APPLICABLE FINDINGS HAVE BEEN CORRECTLY MADE AND ALL PROVISIONS OF SECTION 17.02.040(C)(2) HAVE BEEN COMPLIED WITH.
# # # # #
7:00 P.M. REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 98-16
NEXT ORD. NO. 332
CEREMONIAL EVENT: PRESENTATION OF THE CITY'S 25TH ANNIVERSARY LOGO
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to waive full reading of ordinances presented at this meeting.
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all councilmembers after the reading of the title.
2. Minutes of January 22, February 17, March 3, and March 9, 1998. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
3. General Plan Amendment No. 24, Zone Change 26, Lot Line Adjustment No. 60 and Environmental Assessment No. 696; Property Owner: Mr. Pritam Matharu, 5303 Bayridge Road. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Adopt ORDINANCE NO. 331 OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES APPROVING ZONE CHANGE NO. 26 FOR THE PROPERTY LOCATED AT 303 BAYRIDGE ROAD AND 5325 IRONWOOD STREET, CHANGING A 2.87 ACRE PORTION OF A 7.87 ACRE LOT FROM RESIDENTIAL 2-4 D.U./ACRE TO RESIDENTIAL 1 D.U./5 ACRES.(This Ordinance was introduced at the meeting of March 3, 1998)
4. Budget adjustment Resolution for recruitment for a new City Manager. (Petru)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- ,A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES MAKING A BUDGET ADJUSTMENT FOR THE CITY'S GENERAL FUND IN THE AMOUNT OF $18,500 FOR CITY ADMINISTRATION - PERSONNEL EXPENDITURES ASSOCIATED WITH THE RECRUITMENT FOR THE NEW CITY MANAGER.
5. Extension of approvals for vesting tentative Tract Map No. 46628 at Subregion 1. Location: Hawthorne Boulevard & PV Dr. West. (RPV Associates, LLC). (Fox)
Recommendation: Extend the approval of Vesting Tentative Tract Map No. 46628 for Subregion 1 for one (1) year until March 17, 1999.
6. 1992/96 Measure "A" Discretionary Funds. (Rosenfeld)
Recommendation: Authorize staff to prepare a letter for the Mayor's signature requesting that the City be considered for any additional 1992/96 Measure "A" Discretionary Funds which might be available to use in the development of Lower Hesse Park.
7. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
8. Appeal of Planning Commission's approval of Grading Permit No. 1933 for a new, single family residence at 30764 Tarapaca Road. (Richards/El Prado Estates Homeowners Association, et al. ) (Continued from March 9.) (Fox)
Recommendation: Deny the appeal and uphold the Planning Commission's approval of Grading Permit No. 1933.
9. New Fee for View Preservation Requests in excess of one per twelve month period in response to the amended View Restoration Commission Guidelines. (Nelson)
Recommendation: Adopt RESOLUTION NO. 98- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 92-68 (THE CITY'S FEE RESOLUTION) TO ESTABLISH A NEW FEE FOR VIEW PRESERVATION REQUESTS IN EXCESS OF ONE PER TWELVE MONTH PERIOD AND IN RESPONSE TO THE AMENDED VIEW RESTORATION COMMISSION GUIDELINES.
10. Possible establishment of a neighbor familiarization period for View Restoration Permit applicants. (Rojas)
Recommendation: Discuss the issue and provide Staff with direction.
11. Abalone Cove Beach rehabilitation project. (McBride)
Recommendation: Approve the project components and authorize staff to solicit the professional services necessary to prepare construction plans for the project.
12. Presentation of the Results of the City-Wide Master Plan of Drainage. (McBride)
Recommendation: Authorize staff to incorporate a program to improve the deficient storm drain systems identified by the master plan of drainage into the City's Capital Improvement Program (CIP) on a worst first improvement scheme and tentatively budget $500,000, on an annual basis, towards improvement of the City's drainage system.
13. Amendments to City's Health Code. (Park)
Recommendation: 1. INTRODUCE ORDINANCE NO.___, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ADOPTING BY REFERENCE THE PUBLIC HEALTH LICENSES REGULATIONS AND THE HEALTH AND SAFETY CODE OF THE COUNTY OF LOS ANGELES, AND AMENDING THE CITY'S HEALTH CODE. 2. Call for a public hearing on April 7, 1998 to consider the second reading and adoption of the Ordinance.
14. Amendments to Chapter 9.04 (Burglar Alarm) of the Municipal Code. (McLean)
Recommendation: Introduce ORDINANCE NO. ___, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES APPROVING AMENDMENTS TO THE BUDGET ADMINISTRATION ORDINANCE FOUND IN CHAPTER 9.04 OF THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE.
15. Amendments to Chapter 3.32 (Budget Administration) of the Municipal Code. (McLean)
Recommendation: Introduce ORDINANCE NO. ___, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES APPROVING AMENDMENTS TO THE BUDGET ADMINISTRATION ORDINANCE FOUND IN CHAPTER 3.32 OF THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE.
16. Special Meeting Schedule for 1998. (Petru)
Recommendation: 1. Select a date in mid to late April for the City
Council budget policy issue workshop. 2. Select two dates in early to mid May for The City Council Budget review workshops (only one date may be necessary). 3. Select two dates, one in the Spring and one in the Fall, for the Community Leaders' Breakfast meetings. 4. Select a date for the Neighborhood Watch Volunteer Appreciation Lunch.
17. Commercial Refuse and Collection Agreement Amendment to revise Insurance Requirements. (Evans)
Recommendation: Authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute Amendments to the Agreements for Nonexclusive Commercial Refuse Collection and Disposal Services with Rapidway Disposal (Formerly Angelus-Hudson, Inc.), Browning-Ferris Industries (BFI), Waste Management of Los Angles, Western Waste Industries, S&H Disposal Company, HMD Waste Company, EDCO Disposal Corporation, ACE Roll Off Rubbish Service, Inc., and OK Rubbish Service Company to require commercial general liability insurance in an amount not less than $4,000,000. 2. Authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute Amendments to the Agreements for nonexclusive Commercial Refuse Collection and Disposal Services with Ivy Rubbish Disposal to require commercial general liability insurance in an amount not less than $1,000,000.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.