This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. The City Council wants to hear your comments, however, to run the meeting efficiently, please observe the following rules when you participate in the meeting:
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. You will be called at the appropriate time to make your remarks. The City Clerk cannot accept any request submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting. If you participate in a noticed public hearing, however, the time you take to make your comments will not be counted against the ten minute limitation.
For the sake of efficiency, the City Council agenda is divided into several sections: Consent Calendar: This section consists of routine items which, unless a request has been received from the public, council or staff to remove a particular item for discussion, are enacted by one motion of the City Council. If you wish to speak to any Consent Calendar item(s) you will be limited to five minutes. Public Hearings: This section is devoted to noticed hearings; the length of time you get to speak during these hearings is frequently determined by the number of speakers on the item. Generally, you will be allowed three minutes unless the Mayor announces otherwise. Regular Business: This section contains items of general business and you will be allowed three minutes to speak on any item.
Audience Comments: This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes and is reserved for making comments on matters which are NOT on the agenda. If you have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time and you may speak for up to three minutes. Please limit your comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Due to State law, no action can be taken on matters brought up under Audience Comments. If action by the City Council is necessary, the matter may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff, as determined by Council.
Please make your remarks at the lectern microphone and direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct At the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The Mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts at a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
APRIL 21, 1998
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
5:30 P.M. ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER:
VIEW RESTORATION PERMIT APPEAL HEARING - FIRESIDE ROOM
1. View Restoration Permit No. 42. Applicants: Mr. & Mrs. Kean Hamilton, 30747 Ganado Drive; Mr. & Mrs. Felix Krasovec, 30741 Ganado Dr; and, Mr. & Mrs. Tom McFadden, 30731 Ganado Drive. Foliage Owners: Mr. & Mrs. Daniel Yang, 3511 Bendigo Drive and Mr. & Mrs. George Boss, 3519 Bendigo Drive.
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 98- AFFIRMING THE DECISION OF THE VIEW RESTORATION COMMISSION AND APPROVING VIEW RESTORATION PERMIT NO. 42 UPON FINDING THAT ALL APPLICABLE FINDINGS HAVE BEEN CORRECTLY MADE AND ALL PROVISIOS OF SECTION 17.02.040(C)(2) HAVE BEEN COMPLIED WITH.
# # # # # #
7:00 P.M. REGULAR MEETING
CALL TO ORDER:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 98-27
NEXT ORD. NO. 337
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to waive full reading or ordinances presented at this meeting.
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all councilmembers after the reading of the title.
2. Minutes April 7, 1998. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes of April 7, 1998.
3. Approval to transfer Western Waste Industries's non-exclusive commercial refuse collection and disposal service agreement. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: Approve transferring Western Waste Industries' (WWI) non-exclusive commercial refuse collection and disposal services agreement to USA Waste of California, Inc. (USA Waste).
4. Memorandum of Understanding with the County of Los Angeles for reimbursement related to the required National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit educational site visits. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: Authorize the City Manager to sign a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the County of Los Angeles for reimbursement related to the required National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit educational site visits.
5. Budget Adjustment for Phase II of the City's Natural Community Conservation Planning (NCCP) Project. (Rojas)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION 98 - THEREBY APPROVING A BUDGET ADJUSTMENT TO INCREASE THE DEPARTMENT OF PLANNING, BUILDING AND CODE ENFORCEMENT BUDGET BY $126,794 FOR COMPLETION OF PHASE II OF THE CITY'S NCCP.
6. Ordinance No. 335 - Job Sharing of Existing Full-Time Positions. (Petru)
Recommendation: 1. ADOPT ORDINANCE NO. 335 OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDEDS AMENDING CHAPTER 2.46 PERSONNEL SYSTEM) OF THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE TO INCLUDE SHARED FULL-TIME POSITIONS. 2. ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 98- ; AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 94-56 TO ADOPT REVISIONS TO THE COMPETITIVE SERVICE EMPLOYEE PERSONNEL RULES TO PROVIDE THE ABILITY FOR JOB SHARING OF EXISTING FULL-TIME POSITIONS. 3. ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 98- ; ESTABLISHING CITY CONTRIBUTION RATES FOR EMPLOYEE BENEFIT PREMIUMS FOR ACTIVE SHARED-POSITION EMPLOYEES.
7. Amendments to Section 457 Employee Deferred Compensation Retirement Plan.(McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 98- __, TO AMEND AND RESTATE THE CITY’S SECTION 457 EMPLOYEE DEFERRED COMPENSATION RETIREMENT PLAN (THE "457 PLAN") AND TRANSFER THE ASSETS TO A TRUST AS REQUIRED BY FEDERAL LEGISLATION.
8. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
9. Appeal of the Planning Commission's approval of Conditional Use Permit No. 68-Revision "D" Grading Permit no. 1931 for a new, single-family residence at 19 Marguerite Drive (Beal/Newby). (Fox)
RECOMMENDATION: Deny the appeal and uphold the Planning Commission's approval of Conditional Use Permit No. 68-Revision 'D'/Grading Permit No. 1931 for a new, single-family residence at 19 Marguerite Drive.
10. Appeal of the Planning Commission's approval of Grading Permit No. 1933 for a new, single-family residence at 30764 Tarapaca Road (Richards/El Prado Estates Homeowners' Association, et al.). (Fox)
Recommendation:Continue this item to the City Council meeting of May 19, 1998.
11. 1998 Five Year Financial Model. (McLean)
Recommendation: To review and file the 1998 Five Year Financial Model.
12. CDBG Funding allocation for public service programs. (Evans)
Recommendation: Discuss the impact of the reduction in CDBG funding for public service allocations and determine whether or not to participate in a letter writing campaign to increase the allocation.
13. Street sweeping contract. (Evans)
Recommendation: Approve a four year contract with R.F. Dickson Company for Street Sweeping and authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the Agreement.
14. Conditional Use Permit No. 163, Revision "E" for modification of grading bond requirements for Tract 50666/50667-Ocean Trails. (Evans)
Recommendation: Revise the conditions of Conditional Use Permit No. 163 to amend the requirement for the developer to post security to ensure the completion of all golf course, clubhouse and related improvements for the Ocean Trails project.
15. Citywide traffic calming program. (Allison)
Recommendation: Adopt the Traffic Calming Policy.
16. Abatement of drainage nuisance in the Landslide Moratorium area. (Bussey)
Recommendation: After discussion, if Council wishes to proceed, direct staff to place the draft drainage nuisance abatement ordinance on the next agenda for introduction.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.