This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. The City Council wants to hear your comments, however, to run the meeting efficiently, please observe the following rules when you participate in the meeting:
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. You will be called at the appropriate time to make your remarks. The City Clerk cannot accept any request submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting. If you participate in a noticed public hearing, however, the time you take to make your comments will not be counted against the ten minute limitation.
For the sake of efficiency, the City Council agenda is divided into several sections: Consent Calendar: This section consists of routine items which, unless a request has been received from the public, council or staff to remove a particular item for discussion, are enacted by one motion of the City Council. If you wish to speak to any Consent Calendar item(s) you will be limited to five minutes. Public Hearings: This section is devoted to noticed hearings; the length of time you get to speak during these hearings is frequently determined by the number of speakers on the item. Generally, you will be allowed three minutes unless the Mayor announces otherwise. Regular Business: This section contains items of general business and you will be allowed three minutes to speak on any item.
Audience Comments: This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes and is reserved for making comments on matters which are NOT on the agenda. If you have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time and you may speak for up to three minutes. Please limit your comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Due to State law, no action can be taken on matters brought up under Audience Comments. If action by the City Council is necessary, the matter may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff, as determined by Council.
Please make your remarks at the lectern microphone and direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct At the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The Mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts at a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 4, 1998
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 98-93
NEXT ORD. NO. 341
CEREMONIAL EVENT: Presentation of Service Award Pins to Joel Rojas and Becky Martin.
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Notice of Completion for Montemalaga Median Landscape Improvement Project. (Hillstead)
Recommendation: 1. Accept the work as complete; 2. Authorize the City Clerk to record a Notice of Completion with the County Recorder; if no claims are filed 35 days after recordation, and upon the contractor posting an acceptable warranty bond, notify the surety company of the exoneration of the Payment and Performance bonds; and, 3. Authorize the Finance Director to release the 10% retention payment 35 days after recordation of the Notice of Completion by the County Recorder contingent upon no claims being filed on the project, and the contractor posting an acceptable warranty bond.
2. Professional Services Agreement - Palos Verdes Drive East and Bronco Drive Drainage. (McBride)
Recommendation: Approve a professional services agreement with Merit Civil Engineering, Inc. for design, administration, and construction inspection of the Palos Verdes Drive East and Bronco Drive drainage project for a fee of $52,900 and authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute the agreement.
3. Six Month Review of Job Sharing Program. (Petru)
Recommendation: Receive and file the report.
4. Refuse and recycling survey - single family residences. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: Approve the mailing of a refuse and recycling survey to single family residences.
5. Records Management - Annual destruction of records. (Purcell)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- AUTHORIZING THE DESTRUCTION OF CERTAIN CITY RECORDS AS PROVIDED BY SECTION 34090 OF THE GOVERNMENT CODE OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.
6. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 98- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # # #
7. Extension and expansion of the moratorium on the acceptance or processing of applications related to the construction of more than one commercial antenna or ham radio antenna structure on any lot within the City. (Rojas)
Recommendation: (1) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- THEREBY EXTENDING THE CURRENT MORATORIUM ONE (1) YEAR TO DECEMBER 7, 1999; AND (2) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- ESTABLISHING A NEW MORATORIUM ON THE ACCEPTANCE OR PROCESSING OF APPLICATIONS AND THE ISSUANCE OF PERMITS OR OTHER ENTITLEMENT FOR , AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF, ALL COMMERCIAL OR AMATEUR ANTENNAS OR ANTENNA STRUCTURES.
8. Appeal of the Planning Commission's approval of Grading Permit No. 1933 for a new, single-family residence at 30764 Tarapaca Road (Richards/El Prado Estates Homeowners' Association, ET AL.) (Fox)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- DENYING THE APPEAL AND CONDITIONALLY APPROVING GRADING PERMIT NO. 1933.
9. View Preservation Request No. 1-Appeal of the View Restoration Commission's determination that foliage which was not included and, therefore, not subject to View Restoration Permit No. 17, be trimmed to a point 8 feet above the bottom of the applicant's rear yard slope (which is the third bar from the top of the applicant's deck handrail) and trimmed to that level on a semi-annual basis beginning in June and again in December. (Nelson)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 98- , AFFIRMING THE DECISION OF THE VIEW RESTORATION COMMISSION, AND APPROVING VIEW RESTORATION REQUEST NO. 1 UPON FINDING THAT ALL APPLICABLE FINDINGS HAVE BEEN CORRECTLY MADE AND ALL PROVISIONS OF SECTION 17.02.040 (C)(2) HAVE BEEN COMPLIED WITH.
10. Ocean Trails - Review of the West End bicycle path, West End pedestrian trail, and wall along the Western Boundary. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Approve the location of the West End Bicycle Path, West End Pedestrian Trail, and block wall along the Western boundary of the Ocean Trails project site.
11. Negotiation of the Cable Television Franchise Renewal Agreement. (Petru)
Recommendation: Provide staff with direction on how to proceed with the negotiations for the Cable Television Franchise Renewal Agreement with Cox Communications.
12. Seacliff Hills Street Vacation. (Allison)
Recommendation: Adopt Resol. No. 98- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES DECLARING ITS INTENTION TO VACATE SEACLIFF DRIVE AND PALOS VISTA DRIVE.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.