This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. The City Council wants to hear your comments, however, to run the meeting efficiently, please observe the following rules when you participate in the meeting:
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. You will be called at the appropriate time to make your remarks. The City Clerk cannot accept any request submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting. If you participate in a noticed public hearing, however, the time you take to make your comments will not be counted against the ten minute limitation.
For the sake of efficiency, the City Council agenda is divided into several sections: Consent Calendar: This section consists of routine items which, unless a request has been received from the public, council or staff to remove a particular item for discussion, are enacted by one motion of the City Council. If you wish to speak to any Consent Calendar item(s) you will be limited to five minutes. Public Hearings: This section is devoted to noticed hearings; the length of time you get to speak during these hearings is frequently determined by the number of speakers on the item. Generally, you will be allowed three minutes unless the Mayor announces otherwise. Regular Business: This section contains items of general business and you will be allowed three minutes to speak on any item.
Audience Comments: This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes and is reserved for making comments on matters which are NOT on the agenda. If you have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time and you may speak for up to three minutes. Please limit aayour comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Due to State law, no action can be taken on matters brought up under Audience Comments. If action by the City Council is necessary, the matter may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff, as determined by Council.
Please make your remarks at the lectern microphone and direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct At the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The Mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts at a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.N:\GROUP\CITYCLRK\AGENDA\AGENFORM.99
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
APRIL 6, 1999
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 99-18
NEXT ORD. NO. 346
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to waive full reading of ordinances presented at this meeting.
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all council members after the reading of the title.
2. Minutes of March 2, and March 16, 1999. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
3. Increase Contract Authorizations for Inspection Services. (Allison)
Recommendation: Increase the current authorized expenditure limit for a professional service agreement with SA Associates, Inc. by $7,500 for inspection services for a total authorization of $52,500.
4. Treasurer’s Report. (McLean)
Recommendation: Receive and file the February 1999 Treasurer’s Report for the City of Rancho Palos Verdes and its components units (i.e., Redevelopment Agency and Improvement Authority).
5. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # # #
6. Establishment of an Affordable Housing Impact Fee for Non-Residential Development. (Pfost) (Continued Public Hearing from March 16 meeting.)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES APPROVING AN AFFORDABLE HOUSING IMPACT FEE FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS.
7. Residential Solid Waste and Recycling Services. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: 1) Approve the Request for Proposals for Residential Solid Waste and Recycling Services. 2) Authorize staff to circulate the Request for Proposals for Residential Solid Waste and Recycling Services.
8. Truancy Ordinance. (Purcell)
Recommendation: (1) INTRODUCE ORDINANCE NO. ____ OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES RELATING TO THE LOITERING OF MINORS AND AMENDING THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE. (2) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99- OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES IMPLEMENTING A COST RECOVERY PROGRAM FOR NIGHTTIME CURFEW VIOLATIONS.
9. Ocean Trails – Location of Wall in Vista Catalina Park. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Receive and File.
10. Request for Proposals for a New Telephone and Voice Mail System. (Petru)
Recommendation: Authorize staff to issue a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a new telephone and voice mail system for City Hall.
11. 25TH Anniversary Video Produced by Palos Verdes on the Net. (Petru)
Recommendation: Provide staff with direction regarding publicity for the Rancho Palos Verdes 25th Anniversary Video produced by Palos Verdes on the Net.
12. Ocean Trails Ad Hoc Committee. (Lyon)
Recommendation: Appoint two Council members to serve on the Ocean Trails Council Ad Hoc Committee.
13. Discussion of Proposal for use of Ridgecrest School Site. (McTaggart)
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS: (This section designated to oral reports from councilmembers who wish/need to report on Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda; each speaker is limited to three minutes.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to Monday, April 12, 1999 at 10:00 A.M. for a Budget Work Session. Said meeting to be held at City Hall in the Community Room.