This agenda has been prepared to provide for the orderly progression of City business. Detailed staff reports on specific items are posted in the hallway for public viewing. The City Council wants to hear your comments, however, to run the meeting efficiently, please observe the following rules when you participate in the meeting:
Please try to submit your REQUEST TO ADDRESS THE CITY COUNCIL form to the City Clerk prior to the start of the meeting. You will be called at the appropriate time to make your remarks. The City Clerk cannot accept any request submitted after the start of the second speaker's comment on any item.
Regardless of the number of items you wish to address, you will be limited to ten minutes for the entire meeting. If you participate in a noticed public hearing, however, the time you take to make your comments will not be counted against the ten-minute limitation.
For the sake of efficiency, the City Council agenda is divided into several sections: Consent Calendar: This section consists of routine items which, unless a request has been received from the public, council or staff to remove a particular item for discussion, are enacted by one motion of the City Council. If you wish to speak to any Consent Calendar item(s) you will be limited to five minutes. Public Hearings: This section is devoted to noticed hearings; the length of time you get to speak during these hearings is frequently determined by the number of speakers on the item. Generally, you will be allowed three minutes unless the Mayor announces otherwise. Regular Business: This section contains items of general business and you will be allowed three minutes to speak on any item.
Audience Comments: This part of the agenda is limited to 15 minutes and is reserved for making comments on matters which are NOT on the agenda. If you have submitted a request to speak, you will be called by the City Clerk at the appropriate time and you may speak for up to three minutes. Please limit your comments to matters within the jurisdiction of the City Council. Due to State law, no action can be taken on matters brought up under Audience Comments. If action by the City Council is necessary, the matter may be placed on a future agenda or referred to staff, as determined by Council.
Please make your remarks at the lectern microphone and direct your comments to the City Council and not to the staff or the public.
Conduct at the Council Meeting: The City Council has adopted a set of rules for conduct during City Council meetings. The following is an excerpt from those adopted Rules of Procedure:
Section 6.3 The Mayor shall order removed from the Council Chambers any person(s) who commit the following acts at a regular or special meeting of the City Council:
1. Disorderly, contemptuous or insolent behavior toward the Council or any member thereof, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
2. A breach of the peace, boisterous conduct or violent disturbance, tending to interrupt the due and orderly course of said meeting.
3. Disobedience of any lawful order of the Mayor which shall include an order to be seated or to refrain from addressing the Council.
4. Any other unlawful interference with the due and orderly course of the meeting.N:\GROUP\CITYCLRK\AGENDA\AGENFORM.97
APRIL 20, 1999
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
6:00 P.M. CLOSED SESSION. See attached Brown Act Checklist for details.
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
Next Resolution No. 99-20
Next Ordinance No. 347
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to waive full reading of ordinances presented at this meeting. Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all Council members after the reading of the title.
2. Minutes of March 16, 1999. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
Recommendation: Approve Contract Addendum No. 2 to the Agreement for Consulting Services between the City of Rancho Palos Verdes and Robert Bein, William Frost & Associates for preparation of the Long Point Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report, in the amount of $56,700.
4. Ocean Trails – Requests for Extension of Vesting Tentative Tract Map Nos. 50666 and 50667. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Extend the approvals for Vesting Tentative Tract Map Nos. 50666 and 50667 for the Ocean Trails project for one (1) year, until April 15, 2000.
5. Final Parcel Map No. 24546 (Location: Southeast corner of PVDS and Seawolf Drive) [Applicant: Frank Sciarrotta]. (Fox)
Recommendation: Approve the Final Parcel Map and accept the dedication for vehicular access rights to Palos Verdes Drive South; and authorize the City Clerk to sign the Final Parcel Map.
6. Increased Authorization for a Professional Service Agreement for Traffic Engineering Services. (Allison)
Recommendation: (1) Increase the Authorized limited for a professional service contract with Willdan and Associates by $12,000 for a total authorization of $52,000. (2) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING RESOLUTION 98-47, THE BUDGET RESOLUTION FOR FISCAL YEAR 1998-99, FOR A BUDGET ADJUSTMENT TO THE CITY’S GENERAL FUND AND GAS TAX FUND.
7. Establishment of Stop Regulations at the Intersection of Avenida Aprenda and Eldena Drive. (Allison)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 99-, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ESTABLISHING STOP REGULATIONS AT THE INTERSECTION OF AVENIDA APRENDA AND ELDENA DRIVE.
8. Truancy Ordinance No. 346. (Purcell)
Recommendation: ADOPT ORDINANCE NO. 346 OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES RELATING TO THE LOITERING OF MINORS AND AMENDING THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE. (This ordinance was introduced at the April 6, 1999 meeting.)
9. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: ADEPT RESOL. NO. 99-, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # # # # # # #
10. Ocean Trails – Change in the eastern portion of the golf course drainage facilities from the approved tunneled pipe system to La Rotonda Canyon. (Pfost)
Recommendation: (1) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99-, APPROVING ADDENDUM NO. 8 TO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT NO. 36 FOR THE PROJECT. (2) ADOPT RESOL. NO. 99-, APPROVING CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 163 – REVISION "I", THEREBY PERMITTING A CHANGE TO THE DESIGN OF THE EASTERN PORTION OF THE GOLF COURSE DRAINAGE FACILITIES FROM A TUNNELED PIPE SYSTEM TO THE EXISTING ON-SITE LA ROTONDA CANYON.
11. View Preservation Request No. 1 – an interpretative review of the City Council’s action on March 16th to adopt City Council Resolution No. 99-17. Specifically, at the appellant’s request an interpretation of the approved language of Section 8 of Resol. No. 99-17 is being sought from the Council.
Recommendation: Review Resol. No. 99-17 and provide an interpretation of whether Section 8 does the following: (1) adequately reflects the Council’s intent with regard to Mr. Dyda’s proposed language; and, (2) whether the word "only" in the last line of Section 8 adequately reflects the Council’s intent with regard to said paragraph.
12. Seacliff Hill Street Vacation. (Allison)
Recommendation: (1) Authorize staff to re-initiate the vacation process for Seacliff Drive, Palo Vista Drive and Aqua Vista Drive as requested by the Seacliff Hills Homeowners Association. (2) Direct the Planning Commission to only make a recommendation on the CUP revision, so that the City Council will make the final decision on gates, and allow the City Council to review the application for gates and vacation comprehensively.
13. Engineering Staff Assistance. (Allison)
Recommendation: (1) Award a Professional Services Contract in an amount not to exceed $28,000 to CBM Consulting Inc., for temporary engineering staff assistance. (2) Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute a professional services agreement with CBM Consulting Inc.
ORAL CITY COUNCIL REPORTS:
REPORT ON CLOSED SESSION:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: This section of the agenda is for audience comments on items NOT on the agenda: each speaker is limited to three minutes.
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain ONLY if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA CHECKLIST
Based on Government Code Section 54954.5
(All Statutory References are to California Government
CONFERENCE WITH REAL PROPERTY NEGOTIATOR
Property: A portion of parcel No. 7589-013-003 (Marriott property)
Street Address (if none, parcel number or other unique reference)
Parties: City of Rancho Palos Verdes, HMD Realty, Inc., and Hon Development Company. (City Manager/City Attorney.
Under Negotiation: Price
Terms of Payment
PUBLIC EMPLOYEE PERFORMANCE EVALUATION