RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
AUGUST 19, 2003
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 2003-63
NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 399
OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to waive full reading.
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all council members after the reading of the title.
2. Minutes of April 15 and July 15, 2003. (Purcell)
Recommendation: Approve the minutes.
3. Storm Drain System Master Plan Study Update - Award Of Professional Services Agreement. (Kau)
Recommendation: (1) Authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute a Professional Services Agreement for the Storm Drain System Master Plan Study with AKM Consulting Engineers, for the not-to-exceed amount of $40,164; and (2) Authorize staff to expend additional funds of $2,200 (~5%) for additional services related to the Storm Drain System Master Plan Study Update, for a total authorization of $42,172.
4. FY02-03 Budget Adjustments. (Downs)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-, AMENDING RESOLUTION 2002-45, THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FY02-03, TO INCREASE BUDGETED APPROPRIATIONS IN THE GENERAL FUND, STREET MAINTENANCE FUND AND EQUIPMENT REPLACEMENT FUND.
5. FY02-03 Continuing City Appropriations. (Downs)
Recommendation: (1) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003- AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 2003-42, THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FY03-04, TO CONTINUE CERTAIN EXPENDITURE APPROPRIATIONS FROM FY02-03; and (2) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-, AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 2002-45, THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FY02-03, TO REDUCE THE BUDGET FOR CONTINUING APPROPRIATIONS THAT WILL BE RE-BUDGETED AND INCLUDED IN THE FY03-04 BUDGET.
6. Ordinance No. 397 regulating parking in areas where parking signs establish restrictions. (City Attorney)
Recommendation: ADOPT ORDINANCE NO. 397 OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES REGULATING THE UNAUTHORIZED PARKING OF VEHICLES ON PROPERTY WHEN SIGNS ARE POSTED THAT ESTABLISH PARKING RESTRICTIONS UPON THE PROPERTY AND AMENDING THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE. (This ordinance was introduced at the August 5th meeting.)
7. Ordinance No. 398 Repealing City Manager Residence Requirement. (City Attorney)
Recommendation: ADOPT ORDINANCE NO. 398 OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING CHAPTER 2.08 (CITY MANAGER) OF THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE BY REPEALING SECTION 2.08.020 OF CHAPTER 2.08 OF TITLE 2. (This ordinance was introduced at the August 5th meeting.)
8. Register of Demands. (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOL. NO. 2003-, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # #
9. Conformance with the 2002 L.A. County Congestion Management Program (CMP), and adoption of the 2003 Local Implementation Report. (Yu)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003 -__, ADOPTING THE CITY'S 2003 LOCAL IMPLEMENTATION REPORT (LIR) AND SELF-CERTIFYING THE CITY'S CONFORMANCE WITH THE 2002 CONGESTION MANAGEMENT PROGRAM (CMP) FOR LOS ANGELES COUNTY.
10. Agreement To Exchange Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds For FY 2003-2004. (Allison)
Recommendation: (1) Conduct a public hearing to receive citizen input on the exchange of Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funds between the City of Rancho Palos Verdes and the City of West Hollywood for Fiscal Year 2003-2004; (2) Approve the exchange of $400,000 from the City of Rancho Palos Verdes' Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) allocation for $230,000 in General Funds from the City of West Hollywood; (3) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-_____, APPROVING AND AUTHORIZING AN AGREEMENT BETWEEN THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AND THE CITY OF WEST HOLLYWOOD REGARDING THE TRANSFER OF COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT FUNDS FOR FY 2003-2004;
(4) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-____, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, AMENDING RESOLUTION NO. 2003-42, THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2003-04, FOR A BUDGET ADJUSTMENT TO THE CITY'S GENERAL FUND; AND (5) Authorize the City Manager and City Clerk to execute the Agreement with the City of West Hollywood
Ocean Trails Clubhouse Modifications - Conditional Use Permit No. 163, Revision
Recommendation: ADOPT (1) RESOLUTION NO. 2003-__, APPROVING ADDENDUM NO. 15 TO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT 36 FOR REVISION "T"; AND (2) RESOLUTION NO. 2003-__, APPROVING REVISION "T", AN AMENDMENT TO CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 163 FOR AN EXPANSION OF THE CLUBHOUSE BUILDING.
12. Ocean Trails - Review of the Water Control Plan for the Residential Portion of Tract No. 50667. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Approve the Ocean Trails' Interim Operations and Maintenance Manual for Water Control, Groundwater Monitoring, and Ground Movement Monitoring Facilities for the Residential Portion of Tract No. 50667 only.
13. Ocean Trails - Agreement between the City and Ocean Trails Regarding the Peer Review Board and Contracts with Peer Review Board Members. (Pfost)
Recommendation: Authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to either (1) sign an agreement between the City and Ocean Trails pertaining to the Peer Review Board, and to execute the proposed Agreements for Professional Services between the City and the Peer Review Board Members, or (2) continue this matter until the next City Council meeting.
14. CALPERS Health Insurance. (Evans)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-, ELECTING TO CEASE TO BE SUBJECT TO THE PUBLIC EMPLOYEES' MEDICAL AND HOSPITAL CARE ACT.
15. Employee Participation In CALPERS Service Credit Purchase Plan. (Park)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2003-, AUTHORIZING THE PARTICIPATION IN THE PAYROLL DEDUCTION PLAN FOR EMPLOYEES DESIRING TO PURCHASE CALPERS SERVICE CREDIT.
16. SB 196 (Kuehl) California Regional Water Quality Control Board Membership. (Ferraro)
Recommendation: Consider authorizing the Mayor to send a letter of support for increasing representation of cities and counties on the California Regional Water Quality Control Boards.
17. Metropolitan Transit Authority Service Changes. (McTaggart)
Recommendation: Approve sending letter of support for transferring MTA service along Routes 225 and 226 to other local transit agencies.
18. Air Resources Board Proposed Diesel Truck Rule. (Ramezani)
Recommendation: Authorize the Mayor to sign a letter to the Air Resources Board (ARB) opposing the proposed ruling effecting diesel trash trucks.
Sage House And Salvation Army. (Gardiner)
Recommendation: Approve sending a letter of support for Sage House and the Salvation Army and request that the Board of Supervisors give the CUP for the new home of the Sage House every consideration.
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (At approximately 8:30 P.M.)
(This section of the agenda is designated to oral reports from council members to report on their Council assignments.)
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (At approximately 8:40 P.M.)
(This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place specific only if the Council wishes to meet prior to the next Regular City Council meeting.
Americans with Disabilities Act : In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk's Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday - Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday- Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed on the City's website www.palosverdes.com/rpv.