...end of disclaimer...
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL/
FINANCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
NOVEMBER 30, 2004
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
(1 min) ROLL CALL:
NEXT RESOL. NO. 2004-101
(2 min) FLAG SALUTE: NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 415
(2 min) APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
(15 min) PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
Recommendation: (1) Receive and file this Staff Report, including the Preliminary Financial Model for the Water Quality And Flood Protection Program and the pro-forma calculation of the pro-forma user fee rate, both to be used solely for discussion and not to be considered "final" costs and the proposed user fee;
(2) Authorize Staff to continue to develop a Water Quality And Flood Protection Program, including the development of a user fee system and the preparation for a mail ballot measure that would be conducted during Summer 2005 in accordance with Proposition 218 requirements;
(3) Subject to approval of the proposed Water Quality And Flood Protection Program and user fee by property owners, approve the concept of an initial, one-time transfer of $2 million of General Fund Reserves to a new Water Quality And Flood Protection Program enterprise fund in early FY05-06;
(4) Proceed with the Community Education and Outreach Strategy regarding the proposed Water Quality And Flood Protection Program to be designed by Moore Iacofano Goltsman, Inc. ("MIG"), the City’s Public Information Consultant;
(5) Authorize an additional budget appropriation during FY04-05 of $200,000 for services to be provided by MIG, Fieldman, Rolapp & Associates and Harris & Associates, as well as postage, printing and other costs, in order to continue the development of the Water Quality And Flood Protection Program and the process to establish a user fee; and,
(6) Defer consideration of establishing a sewer user fee and utilize General Fund Reserves, augmented by County Sewer District funds and services, to complete the cleaning and video inspection of the City’s entire sewer system, as well as any sewer line segment repairs deemed essential over the next five years.
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to 10:00 A.M. Saturday, December 4th. for a workshop on the Forrestal Management Plan. Said meeting to be held at the Ladera Linda Community Center, 32201 Forrestal Drive.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV .