TO: HONORABLE MAYOR AND MEMBERS OF CITY COUNCIL
FROM: RON ROSENFELD, DIRECTOR, RECREATION AND PARKS
DATE: JUNE 6, 2006
SUBJECT: GIFTS FOR PARKS
STAFF COORDINATOR: Matt Waters, Senior Administrative Analyst
That the City Council accept the Gifts for Parks donations and direct staff to prepare letters for the Mayor’s signature expressing the Council’s appreciation.
The City’s Gifts for Parks program, established in 1982, provides a means by which interested individuals, organizations, and/or businesses may contribute funds, merchandise, or labor for the enhancement of the City’s Recreation and Parks facilities and programs. Donations, as prescribed by law, are tax deductible as charitable contributions.
The City has received the following donations designated for:
DONATIONS FOR PVIC
- One piece of artwork from Carl Buell to be used in a PVIC display
- One piece of artwork from Richard Ellis to be used in a PVIC display
- Two pieces of artwork from Marty Grove to be used in PVIC displays
- Seven pieces of artwork from Pearl Hanbach to be used in PVIC displays
- Eight photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Eric Martin
- Two photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Chip Matheson
- Two photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Diana McIntyre
- Four pieces of artwork from the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County
- Microwave from Carolynn and Andy Petru
- Two photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Holly Starr
- One photograph to be used in PVIC displays from Ursula Tschnitcher
- Five photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Silvan Wick
- Sixteen photographs to be used in PVIC displays from Yvetta Williams
DONATIONS FOR PVIC WHALE WALK I
- $1000 from Dr. Cassie Jones for one PVIC Whale Walk recognition plaque
- $1000 from Ned Mansour for one PVIC Whale Walk recognition plaque
- $1000 from John McTaggart for one PVIC Whale Walk recognition plaque
- $1000 from Lynn Swank for one PVIC Whale Walk recognition plaque
DONATIONS FOR 2006 JULY 4TH CELEBRATION
- $1,000 from Charles Abbott Associates
- $400 from J. Quinn Construction, Inc.
- $345 from Pacific View Homeowners Association
- $200 from S & H Disposal Co. & Recycling Services
- $200 from Stock Construction, Inc.
- $200 from Sun Shower Body Care
- $200 from Waste Management
- $200 from West Coast Arborists, Inc.
- $200 from Zdonek & Wolowicz Accountancy Corporation
- $100 from AJNCO Inc.
- $100 from Alan K. Rubin, CPA
- $100 from Bouchard Communications, Inc.
- $100 from Dance Peninsula Ballet
- $100 from Duperon Interiors
- $100 from Express Customs Service, Inc.
- $100 from "Felines & Flowers" by Sande
- $100 from Frances P. Stammreich
- $100 from Miraverde Homeowners Association
- $100 from Modular Motion Systems
- $100 from Octabio Wellness Center
- $100 from Rolling Hills Nursery, Inc.
- $100 from Steven T. Kuykendall & Associates
- $100 from Subway @ Golden Cove Center
- $100 from Sun Electric, Inc.
- $100 from Tom Katata
- $100 from Torrentera Landscape
- $100 from Tseng-Yao Sun
- $50 from Dove Enterprises
- $50 from T.O.P.S. CA #471
- $25 from Miraleste Hills Community Association
- Three $50 savings bonds from Malaga Bank
- One free admission and skating rental gift certificate from Ice Chalet
REACH PROGRAM DONATIONS
- $3000 from the Rolling Hills Kiwanis Club
- $100 from Reuben’s Lawn Service
It is recommended that the City accept these donations with thanks to all donors.
Director of Recreation and Parks