RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
SEPTEMBER 4, 2007
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
ROLL CALL: NEXT RESOL. NO. 2007-95
NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 463
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
A. EMERGENCY STORM DRAIN PROJECT
1. Mossbank Storm Drain Rehabilitation (Bell)
Recommendation: Review and reconfirm by a four/fifths (4/5) vote, the Council’s previous action on August 21, 2007, authorizing staff to proceed with emergency repairs to the Mossbank Drive storm drain.
B. OTHER CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS:
2. Motion to Waive Full Reading
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all Council Members after the reading of the title.
3. Approval of the Minutes (Morreale)
Recommendation: Approve the Minutes of the March 24, 2007 Adjourned Regular Meeting, August 7, 2007 Adjourned Regular Meeting, and August 21, 2007 Adjourned Regular Meeting.
4. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
Recommendation: Review the current status of border issues.
5. Notice of Completion Palos Verdes Drive South Landslide Road Reconstruction (Dragoo)
Recommendation: 1) Accept the work as complete; and 2) Authorize the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion with the County Recorder.
6. Professional Engineering Services for Residential Streets Overlay and Slurry Seal Program (FY 07-08) (Bell)
Recommendation: 1) Award professional services to Harris & Associates in the amount of $ 57,660 and authorize staff to spend an additional $ 11,000 to pay for additional unforeseen conditions for a total authorization of $68,660 for the design services of Residential Streets Overlay and Slurry Seal Programs (FY 07-08); and, 2) Authorize the Mayor and City Clerk to execute a Professional Services Agreement with Harris & Associates.
7. Highway Safety Improvements Program (HSIP) Grant for: Upgrade of Traffic Signals, Crenshaw Blvd. Crestridge Rd. Intersection (Motahari)
Recommendation: 1) ADOPT RESOLUTION 2007-_____, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING RESOLUTION 2007-70 , THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2007-08, FOR NEW BUDGET APPROPRIATION IN THE AMOUNT OF $236,000, TO AMEND BUDGETS IN THE CITY’S GENERAL FUND AND CAPITAL IMPROVEMENT PROJECTS (CIP) FUND FOR FISCAL YEAR 2007-08; and, 2) Authorize expenditure of the above appropriation in the amount not to exceed $9,500 to design and prepare the bid documents per the attached proposal by Priority Engineering, Inc. and an estimated allowance of $5,000 for construction oversight for a total of $14,500 for the subject project.
8. Contract Extension CBM Consulting, Inc. (Dragoo)
Recommendation: Authorize a change to the contract with CBM Consulting, Inc. to increase the dollar amount of the contract for Professional Services up to an additional $125,847 for assistance in the administration of the Water Quality and Flood Protection Program.
9. Additions to the Consolidated Loan between the City and Agency for Expenses Incurred During FY06-07 (Gyves)
Recommendation: Receive and file this staff report, which provides information regarding the loan additions to the Rancho Palos Verdes Redevelopment Agency in the amount of $22,207 for expenses incurred by the City during
FY06-07. The Consolidated Loan Agreement dated December 1, 2003 authorizes the loan additions.
10. July 2007 Treasurer’s Report (Lin)
Recommendation: Receive and file the July 2007 Treasurer’s Report for the City of Rancho Palos Verdes.
11. Register of Demands (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2007- , A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # #
12. Code Amendments (Case Nos. ZON2007-00076 and ZON2007-00311): Miscellaneous Amendments to Title 17 (Zoning) of the City’s Municipal Code to:
1) Waive Duplicate Penalty Fees for After-The-Fact Planning Applications in Certain Specified Circumstances; 2) Expedite Planning Review and Exempt the Reconstruction of Single-Family Residences that are Damaged or Destroyed by Fire from the City’s Neighborhood Compatibility Requirements; 3) Revise the Noise and Vibration Standards from the City’s Attached Unit Development Standards; 4) Add a Requirement for the Construction of Temporary Framework Silhouettes for Multi-Family Residential, Commercial, Institutional and Cemetery Projects Requiring Approval of a Conditional Use Permit; and, 5) Clarify the Development Standards for Legal, Vacant Extreme-Slope Lots (Fox) [Continued from August 21, 2007]
Recommendation: 1) INTRODUCE ORDINANCE NO. ___, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, AMENDING MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS OF CHAPTERS 17.02, 17.06, 17.48, 17.60, 17.78 AND 17.84 OF TITLE 17 (ZONING) OF THE CITY’S MUNICIPAL CODE (CASE NOS. ZON2007-00076 AND ZON2007-00311); and, 2) Approve the proposed Non-Single-Family-Residential Silhouette Criteria.
PAUSE TO CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE AGENDA:
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
13. Management Consultant for the Organization-Wide Management Assessment (Lehr)
Recommendation: Consider a revised Proposal and Professional Services Agreement with Management Partners, Inc. to conduct an organization-wide management assessment.
14. Third System Performance Audit of the 2000 Cable Television Franchise Agreement with Cox Communications (Petru)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2007-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, MAKING FINDINGS IN CONNECTION WITH THE THIRD SCHEDULED SYSTEM PERFORMANCE AUDIT OF THE 2000 CABLE TELEVISION FRANCHISE AGREEMENT WITH COX COMMUNICATIONS AND GRANTING A FIVE-YEAR EXTENSION TO THE FRANCHISE AGREEMENT UNTIL OCTOBER 17, 2015.
15. Landslide Monitoring at Abalone Cove and Portuguese Bend; Budget Appropriation for the Joint Powers Improvement Authority Program (Motahari)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2007-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, AMENDING RESOLUTION 2007-70, THE BUDGET APPROPRIATION FOR FISCAL YEAR 2007-2008, FOR A BUDGET ADJUSTMENT OF $20,000 TO THE CITY’S GENERAL FUND.
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral reports from Council Members to report action taken at outside committee and association meetings.)
COUNCIL DISCUSSION & SUGGESTION OF FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.