...end of disclaimer...
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
6:00 P.M. CLOSED SESSION: SEE ATTACHED BROWN ACT CHECK LIST FOR DETAILS.
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
ROLL CALL: NEXT RESOL. NO. 2008-11
CEREMONIAL: Whale of a Day Poster Contest Winners
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
A. EMERGENCY STORM DRAIN PROJECT
1. Mossbank Storm Drain Rehabilitation (Bell)
B. OTHER CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS:
2. Motion to Waive Full Reading
3. Approval of the Minutes (Morreale)
4. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
5. Letter Regarding Proposed Jet Fuel Sales at Torrance Airport (Fox)
6. Tactical Planning Workshop (Petru)
7. November 2007 Treasurer’s Report (McLean)
8. December 2007 Treasurer’s Report (McLean)
9. Register of Demands (McLean)
# # # # # #
10. Appeal of View Restoration Permit No. 2007-00019 [Applicant/Appellant: Dr. and Mrs. Ralph Allman, 5335 Rolling Ridge Road; Foliage Owner/Appellant: Mr. and Mrs. Doug Trowbridge, 5333 Rolling Ridge Road] (Alvarez)
PAUSE TO CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE AGENDA:
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
11. Traffic Safety Milestone Adjustments (Motahari)
12. Recap of Waste Management’s Strike Impacts and Issues (Ramezani)
13. Extension of Traffic Management Services Contract (Motahari)
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral reports from Council Members to report action taken at outside committee and association meetings.)
COUNCIL DISCUSSION & SUGGESTION OF FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
CLOSED SESSION: SEE ATTACHED BROWN ACT CHECK LIST FOR DETAILS.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to February 19, 2008 at 6:15 P.M. at Hesse Park.
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA CHECKLIST
Based on Government Code Section 54954.5
(All Statutory References are to California Government Code Sections)
Public Employee Performance Evaluation
Title: City Manager
Conference with Legal Counsel
The City Council/Agency finds, based on advice from legal counsel, that discussion in open session will prejudice the position of the local agency in the litigation:
Facts and circumstances that might result in litigation against the City but which the City believes are not yet known to a potential plaintiff or plaintiffs, which facts and circumstances need not be disclosed.
(Number of Potential Cases – 1)
A point has been reached where, in the opinion of the City Council/Agency on the advice of its legal counsel, based on the below-described facts and circumstances, there is a significant exposure to litigation against the City Council/Agency:
An email dated December 15, 2006, which is on file in the City Clerk's office, that was recently located on the City's server and contains a reference to potential litigation involving the City and PV on the Net.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.