...end of disclaimer...
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
6:00 P.M. CLOSED SESSION: SEE ATTACHED BROWN ACT CHECK LIST FOR DETAILS.
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
ROLL CALL: NEXT RESOL. NO. 2008-25
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to Waive Full Reading
3. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
4. Budget Adjustment for Randal Simmons Memorial at Sunset Point Park (Petru)
6. Affiliation Agreement with the Southern California Regional Occupational Center (SCROC) (Lehr)
7. Professional Independent Audit Services – Request For Proposal - Revision (McLean)
8. February 2008 Treasurer’s Report (McLean)
9. Register of Demands (McLean)
# # # # # #
PAUSE TO CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE AGENDA:
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
10. Palos Verdes Nature Preserve – Donor Recognition Sites within the Preserve (Mihranian)
11. Award Construction Contract and Project Elements 2 through 6 – McCarrell Canyon Storm Drain Project (Braatvedt)
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral reports from Council Members to report action taken at outside committee and association meetings.)
COUNCIL DISCUSSION & SUGGESTION OF FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
CLOSED SESSION REPORT:
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to a time and place certain only if you wish to meet prior to the next regular meeting.
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA CHECKLIST
Based on Government Code Section 54954.5
(All Statutory References are to California Government Code Sections)
Conference with Legal Counsel
The City Council/Agency finds, based on advice from legal counsel, that discussion in open session will prejudice the position of the local agency in the litigation:
Name of Case: People of the State of California, et al. v. Megumi Shimizu, et al., Los Angeles County Superior Court. Case No. YC056506
The City will consider a potential settlement of this case.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.