RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
JULY 15, 2008
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
6:00 P.M. SPECIAL MEETING (See separate agenda)
CALL TO ORDER:
Point Vicente Interpretive Center - Palos Verdes Drive West
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
ROLL CALL: NEXT RESOL. NO. 2008-61
NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 475
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT:
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to Waive Full Reading
Recommendation: Adopt a motion to waive reading in full of all ordinances presented at this meeting with consent of the waiver of reading deemed to be given by all Council Members after the reading of the title.
2. Approval of the Minutes (Morreale)
Recommendation: Approve the Minutes of the March 4, 2008 Adjourned Regular Meeting.
3. Re-Introduce Code Amendment to Municipal Code Chapter 17.11, “Affordable Housing,” Chapter 17.96, “Definitions,” and Chapter 15.20, “Moratorium on Land Use Permits” (Pfost)
Recommendation: ADOPT ORDINANCE NO. 474, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING CHAPTER 17.11, (AFFORDABLE HOUSING), CHAPTER 17.96, (DEFINITIONS), AND CHAPTER 15.20, (MORATORIUM ON LAND USE PERMITS) OF THE CITY’S MUNICIPAL CODE TO CONFORM TO STATE DENSITY BONUS LAWS, TO IMPLEMENT CITY COUNCIL POLICY PERTAINING TO THE LOCATION OF FUTURE AFFORDABLE HOUSING UNITS, TO MAKE CHANGES TO THE SECTION PERTAINING TO AFFORDABLE HOUSING REQUIREMENTS FOR NON-RESIDENTIAL PROJECTS, AND TO PERMIT SECOND DWELLING UNITS IN THE PORTION OF THE LANDSLIDE MORATORIUM AREA THAT IS SERVED BY SANITARY SEWERS.
4. City Maintenance Contract Extension (Still)
Recommendation: Approve a one-year extension for FY 2008-2009 to West Coast Arborist for tree maintenance.
5. City’s Arterial Roads Rehabilitation Program Contract Extension (Vaish)
Recommendation: Approve a one year extension of Willdan Associates professional services contract to provide engineering services for the Arterial Roads Rehabilitation Program in FY 08-09.
6. Letter to Committee and Commission Members Regarding Adherence to the Brown Act (Stern)
Recommendation: Review and authorize the Mayor to sign the draft letter.
7. Emergency Preparedness Committee Mission Statement and Scope of Responsibility, Size of Membership and Frequency of Meetings and FY 08-09 Work Plan (Gyves)
Recommendation: 1) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ESTABLISHING THE EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS COMMITTEE’S MISSION STATEMENT AND SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY, SIZE OF MEMBERSHIP AND FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS; and, 2) Approve the Emergency Preparedness Committee’s FY 08-09 Work Plan.
8. Equestrian Committee Mission Statement, Size of Membership and Frequency of Meetings (Rojas)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ESTABLISHING THE EQUESTRIAN COMMITTEE’S MISSION STATEMENT SIZE OF MEMBERSHIP AND FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS.
9. Finance Advisory Committee Mission Statement, Size of Membership and Frequency of Meetings (Downs)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ESTABLISHING THE FINANCE ADVISORY COMMITTEE’S MISSION STATEMENT SIZE OF MEMBERSHIP AND FREQUENCY OF MEETINGS.
10. Notice of Completion Sunnyside Ridge Storm Drain Project (Bell)
Recommendation: 1) Accept the work as complete; 2) Authorize the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion with the County Recorder; and if no claims are filed within 35 days after recordation, notice the Surety company to exonerate the Payment and Performance bonds; and, 3) Authorize the Director of Public Works to release the 10% retention payment, to GCI Construction, Inc. 35 days after recordation of the Notice of Completion by the County Recorder contingent upon no claims being filed on the project bond.
11. Register of Demands (McLean)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-___, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ALLOWING CERTAIN CLAIMS AND DEMANDS AND SPECIFYING FUNDS FROM WHICH THE SAME ARE TO BE PAID.
# # # # # #
12. Revision “NN” to the Trump National Golf Course Project (Pfost)
Recommendation: 1) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, ADOPTING ADDENDUM 35 TO ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT REPORT NO. 36; 2) ADOPT URGENCY ORDINANCE NO. __, AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES APPROVING AMENDMENT NO. 5 TO THE TRUMP NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT, WHICH EXTENDS THE DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FROM JULY 18, 2008 THROUGH OCTOBER 22, 2008, AND DECLARING THE URGENCY THEREOF; 3) Authorize the Mayor and the City Clerk to execute the documents on behalf of the City; (4) Extend Vesting Tentative Tract Map No. 50666 consistent with the term of the Development Agreement; and, 5) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, APPROVING REVISIONS TO GRADING PERMIT NO. 1541 IN CONJUNCTION WITH REVISION “NN” TO THE TRUMP NATIONAL GOLF CLUB LOCATED IN SUBREGIONS 7 AND 8.
13. Appeals of View Restoration Permit No. 2006-00007(Foliage Owners/Appellants: Mr. and Mrs. Liehr at 3067 Crest Road, Dr. and Mrs. Wyman at 3069 Crest Road, and Mr. and Mrs. O’Melveny at 3071 Crest Road) (Alvarez)
Recommendation: ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008-__; A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, APPROVING VIEW RESTORATION PERMIT NO. 2006-00007 TO TRIM OR REMOVE FOLIAGE AT 3067, 3069, AND 3071 CREST ROAD.
14. General Plan Amendment and Zone Change Initiation Request - Case No. ZON2007-00426 (Property Address:10 Chaparral; Property Owner: Frank Colaruotolo) (Kim)
Recommendation: Provide feedback to the applicant regarding the proposed change in the General Plan Land Use and Zoning Designation for a portion of the subject site.
PAUSE TO CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE AGENDA:
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
15. Marymount College Facilities Expansion Project (ZON2003-00395) Project Status Update and Timeline (Mihranian)
Recommendation: Receive and file a status and timeline update on the planning process for the Marymount College Facilities Expansion project.
16. An Ordinance of the City of Rancho Palos Verdes Establishing Regulations Prohibiting Reckless Trail Use in the Palos Verdes Nature Preserve by Equestrians, Pedestrians, and Bicyclists and Amending the Rancho Palos Verdes Municipal Code. (Mihranian)
Recommendation: 1) INTRODUCE ORDINANCE NO. ___ , AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES, PROHIBITING RECKLESS USE OF TRAILS WITHIN THE PALOS VERDES NATURE PRESERVE AND AMENDING THE RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE; and, 2) ADOPT RESOLUTION NO. 2008__, A RESOLUTION OF THE CITY COUNCIL OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES AMENDING THE SCHEDULE OF PENALTIES FOR ADMINISTRATIVE CITATIONS FOR VIOLATIONS OF THE CITY OF RANCHO PALOS VERDES MUNICIPAL CODE.
17. Memorial for Former Mayor Marilyn Ryan (Clark)
Recommendation: Provide staff with direction regarding a proposed memorial for former Mayor Marilyn Ryan.
18. League of California Cities Annual Conference – Voting Delegates and Alternates (Morreale)
Recommendation: Appoint a second voting delegate alternate for the League of California Cities General Assembly Business meeting on Saturday, September 27, 2008.
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral reports from Council Members to report action taken at outside committee and association meetings.)
COUNCIL DISCUSSION & SUGGESTION OF FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS:
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to Tuesday, July 29, 2008 at 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park for a City Council/Traffic Safety Commission Joint Workshop.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the lobby of the City Hall Administration Building at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.