...end of disclaimer...
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
JANUARY 5, 2010
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
Time Estimates: The time noted next to an agenda item is only an estimate of the amount of time that will be spent during the meeting on that particular item. Accordingly, these estimates should not be relied on in determining when a matter will be heard, especially since agenda items are often re-ordered during a meeting and may be discussed at any time.
NEXT RESOL. NO. 2010-01
NEXT ORDINANCE NO. 505
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT: Park Ranger and Park Improvements Status Report
(5 mins) APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to Waive Full Reading
2. Approval of the Minutes (Morreale)
3. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
4. Adoption of Ordinance No. 502 - Revision to Planning Case No. ZON2009-00007 (Code Amendment and Environmental Assessment): Further Revisions to the Landslide Moratorium Ordinance (Chapter 15.20 of the Rancho Palos Verdes Municipal Code) to Establish an Exception Category to Allow for the Future Development of the Sixteen (16) Monks Plaintiffs’ Lots in Zone 2 to Increase the Maximum Permitted Quantity of Grading per Lot from Less than 50 Cubic Yards to Less than 1,000 Cubic Yards (Fox)
5. Adoption of Ordinance No. 504 – Code Amendment, a Request to Amend Chapter 15.34 of Title 15 (Building and Construction Code) of the City’s Municipal Code to Implement a New Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance (Mikhail)
6. Award Contracts for On-Call Professional Services (Dragoo)
7. All American Asphalt Change Order for Median Improvements on Palos Verdes Drive West (PVDW) and Hawthorne Blvd. (Jules)
8. Appeal of the Planning Commission’s Approval of Case No. ZON2007-00253, a Revised Interpretation Regarding the Coastal Setback Line on Properties in the City’s Coastal Zone (Schonborn)
9. Register of Demands (McLean)
# # # # # #
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
(20 mins) 11. Future Agenda Items – Status Update and Request for Direction (Lehr)
(10 mins) 12. Mayor’s Appointment of City Council Members to Intergovernmental Organizations and Associations and City Subcommittees (Morreale)
(10 mins) CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to Saturday, January 9, 2010, at 9:30 A.M. at Hesse Park for a City Council Team Building Workshop.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City's website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as it may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the lobby of the City Hall Administration Building at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.