RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
APRIL 5, 2011
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
Time Estimates: The time noted next to an agenda item is only an estimate of the amount of time that will be spent during the meeting on that particular item. Accordingly, these estimates should not be relied on in determining when a matter will be heard, especially since agenda items are often re-ordered during a meeting and may be discussed at any time.
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION(15 mins) CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT:
(5 mins) APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
1. Motion to Waive Full Reading
2. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
3. Mountains Recreation & Conservation Authority Contract Renewal (Howe)
4. Adoption of Ordinance No. 518 – A Code Amendment to Implement Certain Programs Identified in the City’s Housing Element (Case No. ZON2010-00183) / Citywide (Schonborn)
5. 2010 Annual Report on the Implementation of the Rancho Palos Verdes General Plan (Mikhail)
6. 2010 Annual Report on the Implementation of the Rancho Palos Verdes Housing Element. (Mikhail)
7. Establish Permit Parking on Various Streets in the Rolling Hills Riviera Neighborhood (Jules)
8. Contribution to League of California Cities Redevelopment Agency Legal Defense Fund (McLean)
9. Claim Against the City by AT&T Mobility (Lynch)
10. February 2011 Monthly Report of Cash Balances (McLean)
11. Register of Demands (McLean)
(5 mins) 12. Code Amendment to Eliminate Temporary Special Event Banner Sign Program in the City’s Right-of-Way (Harwell)
(30 mins) 13. Request to Eliminate a 1991 Condition of Approval, Thereby Allowing New Railing to Remain at the Perimeter of an Existing Deck for the Property Located at 28105 Golden Meadow (Case No. ZON2010-00386) (Mikhail)
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
(5 mins) 14. Certification of Election (Morreale)
(15 mins) 15. San Ramon Project – California Storm Water Flood Water Flood Management Grant (Winje)
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City's website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as it may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the lobby of the City Hall Administration Building at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.