RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
TEAM BUILDING SESSION
ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
MARCH 15, 2012
SALVATION ARMY COLLEGE FOR OFFICER TRAINING
30840 HAWTHORNE BLVD.
BUILDING C – CLASSROOM 2
6:00 P.M. DINNER
6:30 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
Day 2 (City Council, City Manager and City Attorney Only)
1. Assessing City Council Effectiveness (Oral Report & Presentation)
• Len Wood will present responses to the City Council Effectiveness Questionnaire in a PowerPoint presentation. Specific topics in this analysis will include Conflict Management, Teamwork, Understanding of Roles, Staff Relationships, Clear Sense of Purpose, Chairperson Leadership, Productivity and Advisory Board Relationships.
• City Councilmembers will identify Council Strengths and Possible Blockages and suggestions for improvement.
Recommendation: Discuss Council responses and provide direction.
2. Fine Tuning the Council-Manager Team (Oral Report)
• Councilmembers, City Attorney and City Manager will discuss other issues relating to the successful functioning of the Council-Manager team such as agenda preparation, public information requests and meeting protocols.
Recommendation: Discuss and provide direction.
10:30 P.M. Closing Thoughts
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourn to Tuesday, March 20, 2012 at 6:00 P.M. for an Adjourned Regular Meeting to interview applicants for Chair of the Finance Advisory Committee and Traffic Safety Commission to be held at Fred Hesse Community Park, Fireside Room.
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City's website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as it may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.
Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the City Council after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the lobby of the City Hall Administration Building at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.