...end of disclaimer...
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
6:00 P.M. CLOSED SESSION: SEE ATTACHED BROWN ACT CHECK LIST FOR
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
CERTIFICATION OF ELECTION:
1. Certification of Election Results (Morreale)
2. Swearing in of newly elected Council members Long, Stern, and Wolowicz (Morreale)
3. Council Reorganization (Morreale)
Action Taken: Douglas W. Stern chosen as Mayor.
Action Taken: Larry Clark chosen as Mayor Pro Tem.
# # # # # #
PUBLIC COMMENTS: (This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items NOT on the agenda.)
CITY MANAGER REPORT: Public Records Act Request of October 24, 2007
APPROVAL OF CONSENT CALENDAR:
A. EMERGENCY STORM DRAIN PROJECT
4. Mossbank Storm Drain Rehabilitation (Bell)
B. OTHER CONSENT CALENDAR ITEMS:
5. Motion to Waive Full Reading
6. Border Issues Status Report (Fox)
7. Adoption of Ordinance No. 466 - Clarifying that the City’s Redevelopment Plan Does Not Include the Power of Eminent Domain (Lynch)
8. Contract Addendum No. 2 for the Marymount College Facilities Expansion Environmental Impact Report (Mihranian)
9. September 2007 Treasurer’s Report (McLean)
10. October 2007 Treasurer’s Report (McLean)
11. Register of Demands (McLean)
# # # # # #
12. Revision “GG” to the Trump National Golf Course Project – Proposed Ficus Trees Near Driving Range (Pfost) [Continued from October 2, 2007]
Added the following item to the City Council Agenda:
Council added a Closed Session to the City Council Agenda to discuss the threat of litigation received at the meeting from Trump National Golf Course Counsel in connection with Revision “GG” to the Trump National Golf Course Project.
CONVENED TO CLOSED SESSION:
RECONVENED TO REGULAR SESSION:
CLOSED SESSION REPORT: City Attorney Lynch reported that Council discussed the threat of litigation in Closed Session and no action was taken.
13. Revision "KK" to the Trump National Golf Course Project - Extension to the
PAUSE TO CONSIDER THE REMAINDER OF THE AGENDA:
REGULAR NEW BUSINESS:
14. Update of Crime Statistics from Lomita Sheriff’s Station Captain Anda (Lehr)
15. Extension of the Cable Franchise Agreement (Petru)
CITY COUNCIL ORAL REPORTS: (This section of the agenda is designated for oral reports from Council Members to report action taken at outside committee and association meetings.)
COUNCIL DISCUSSION & SUGGESTION OF FUTURE AGENDA ITEMS: 1) Law Enforcement Technology – “ASAP” vehicle license identification system; 2) Commendation for resident who successfully assisted the Sheriff’s Department in the arrest of three residential burglary suspects; 3) Update on Trump flag pole; 4) Florida LAIF failure and any possible impact on California LAIF; 5) Storm Drain User Fee policy issues; 6) Active sports fields; 7) Procedures for appointment to fill a vacancy on the City Council; 8) Draft agendas for Sacramento League of California Cities Legislative Days with items regarding the Eastview school district boundary adjustment into the PVPUSD and an amendment to the Public Records Act statute; and, 9) Report on the California pension reform committee’s conclusions.
CLOSED SESSION REPORT: 1) The City Council unanimously directed, with Councilman Gardiner absent, the staff to decline to sell the property to the parties listed on the agenda. The City Attorney was directed to send a letter to the affected parties informing them of the Council’s decision.
ADJOURNMENT: Adjourned at 12:24 a.m.
CLOSED SESSION AGENDA CHECKLIST
Based on Government Code Section 54954.5
(All Statutory References are to California Government Code Sections)
Conference with Real Property Negotiators
Potential sale of real property:
American with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the City Clerk’s Office at 310 544-5208 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
NOTE: Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours: Monday – Friday from 9:00 A.M. until dusk; Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 A.M. until dusk.
You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.