M I N U T E S
RANCHO PALOS VERDES CITY COUNCIL
VISIONING, GOAL SETTING
TEAM BUILDING WORKSHOP
SATURDAY, MARCH 24, 2001
The meeting was called to order at 9:00 A.M. by Mayor Lyon at the City Hall Community Room, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, notice having been given with affidavit thereto on file. Roll call was answered as follows:
PRESENT: Byrd, Ferraro, McTaggart, Stern, and Mayor Lyon
Also present were City Manager Les Evans and Len Wood, Workshop Leader.
An overview of the program was presented by Len Wood, which included the following topics
1. The Strength Deployment Inventory
2. Identification of City of Rancho Palos Verdes Stakeholders.
3. Assessment of Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats.
5. Goal Formulation
After discussion, the following goals were established (listed by priority) by the Council:
1. Acquire dependable revenue stream.
2. Build Hotel/Spa at Long Point
Abalone Cove Beach improvements
3. Improve recreation facilities (sports fields, equestrian, trails, etc.)
Complete PVIC expansion.
4. Acquire open space
Build senior low-income housing
5. Modernize City Hall
Arterial street beautification
6. Altamira Drainage
7. Acquire Coast Guard Sites
Improve Infrastructure Maintenance
Survey for Recreation/Open Space Needs
Use Technology to Increase Communication
8. Update General Plan and Local Coastal Plan
The meeting was adjourned at 2:30 P.M. on motion of Mayor Lyon.
W:\2001 City Council Minutes\03242001 cc min adj goal wrkshp.doc