The Rancho Palos Verdes business license ordinance is non-regulatory, and has been enacted solely to raise revenue for municipal purposes. All business activity performed within the City of Rancho Palos Verdes requires the business owner to pay the City’s business license tax. This includes any business activity occurring within a residential area (i.e. a home office). Additionally, any service providers such as contractors, gardeners, or handymen, whether based in the City or not, are also required to be licensed.
All businesses are required to comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws in order to operate in the City.
If you conduct business from your home, you are required to adhere to the City’s standards of conduct for home-occupied businesses.
City of Rancho Palos Verdes Home Occupancy Standards
Completing the Online Application
During the online application process you will need to provide the following information:
- Business name,
- Business address,
- Mailing address,
- Type of business (corporation, sole proprietor, partnership),
- Home address,
- Social Security Number or Tax ID Number
- Description of business
- For home-based businesses, verify that you have read and understood the City of Rancho Palos Verdes Home Occupation Standards
- Identify the appropriate business license category
- Business located within the City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Business located Outside the City of Rancho Palos Verdes
- Vehicle Based Business
- Miscellaneous Specified Businesses (Developers/builders/bus bench advertisers etc…)
- Gross Receipts
The online application process will guide you through the process of calculating your correct business license tax.
Click here to proceed with your online business license application
Other Options for Submitting a Business License Application
Persons interested in applying have several options:
In Person: Complete your license application in person at City Hall inside the Community Development Department.
By Mail: Send your completed business license application to:
City of Rancho Palos Verdes
Finance & Information Technology Department
30940 Hawthorne Boulevard
Rancho Palos Verdes, CA 90275
Attention: Business License
Below are downloadable 2014 business license applications:
Or call the Business License Coordinator at 310-377-0360