RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2009
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DIRECTOR OF PLANNING, BUILDING & CODE ENFORCEMENT PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER 11:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2009-52 ______________________________________________________________________
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENT STANDARDS CODE AMENDMENT & ZONE CHANGE (CASE NO. ZON2007-00377): Citywide / City (KF)
Request: A request to amend the City’s Zoning Code to implement the recommendations of the City’s Residential Development Standards Steering Committee, and other miscellaneous Zoning Code “clean-up” amendments.
(This item was continued from the November 13, 2007, February 12, March 11, April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8, and July 22, 2008 and the September 8, October 13 and November 10, 2009 Planning Commission meetings)
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, thereby recommending to the City Council the adoption of an Ordinance to amend miscellaneous provisions of Title 17 (Zoning) of the City’s Municipal Code and the City’s Zoning Map to enact the recommendations of the Residential Development Standards Steering Committee (Case No. ZON2007-00377).
2. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT & ENVIRONMENTAL ASSESSMENT (CASE NO. ZON2009-00107): 3960 Crest Road / Verizon Wireless, California Water Service Company & City of Rancho Palos Verdes (KF)
Request: A request to approve a Conditional Use Permit for the installation of a new wireless telecommunications monopole and antennae on property owned by California Water Service Company (CalWater) at 3960 Crest Road. The proposed 62-foot-tall monopole would accommodate thirteen (13) antenna panels and a parabolic dish antenna for Verizon Wireless; one (1) antenna for CalWater for its own use; and one (1) antenna for the City of Rancho Palos Verdes’ emergency communications use. The proposed project would also include ground-mounted telecommunications support equipment for Verizon Wireless, including an emergency diesel generator with a built-in 198-gallon fuel tank. The monopole would be installed in the southerly portion of the CalWater property, beside an existing access road that encircles two (2) existing underground reservoirs (i.e., Reservoir No. 20).
Action Deadline: April 14, 2010
Recommendation: 1) Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, thereby certifying the Mitigated Negative Declaration; and 2) adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, thereby conditionally approving the requested Conditional Use Permit (Case No. ZON2009-00107).
3. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE – REVIEW OF PROPOSED FINAL HOUSING ELEMENT
AND DRAFT GENERAL PLAN INTRODUCTION SECTION: City / Citywide (GP & ES)
Request: A request to consider the final set of amendments recommended by HCD in order for the Final Housing Element to be forwarded to City Council for review and approval and then certified by HCD. Additionally, this request also includes review of the draft General Plan “Introduction” section.
Action Deadline: NONE
Recommendation: 1) Consider the final set of amendments recommended by HCD in order for the Housing Element to be certified by HCD; 2) adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, recommending that the City Council approve the final amendment to the City’s Housing Element, thereby approving the Final Housing Element; 3) approve the proposed draft “Introduction” section of the General Plan as revised by the Planning Commission sub-committee; and 4) confirm the General Plan Element Sub-committee member assignments.
4. POSSIBLE CANCELLATION OF THE DECEMBER 22ND MEETING: (JR)
Action Deadline: NONE
Recommendation: Cancel the regularly scheduled December 22nd Planning Commission meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES: NONE
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS: NONE
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Director of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.