|AGENDA PLANNING COMMISSION, TUESDAY, April 9, 2013
RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, APRIL 9, 2013
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE COMMUNIITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER 11:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2013-08
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. GENERAL PLAN CONSISTENCY FINDING (ZON2013-00107): CITY (SK)
Request: A finding of consistency with the Rancho Palos Verdes General Plan for the acquisition of a 5.7-acre southwest portion of Deane Dana Friendship Community Regional Park.
Action Deadline: April 20, 2013
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2013-__, finding the City’s acquisition of a portion of assessor parcel no. 7561-025-900, consistent with the General Plan (Case No. ZON2013-00107).
2. SITE PLAN REVIEW (CASE NO. ZON2012-00410): 30517 CAMINO PORVENIR – SK ARCHITECTS (AH)
Request: A request for a 192 square foot addition to the 1st-floor with a new roof deck accessible from the 2nd-floor habitable space, and architectural feature modifications that measure 23’-4” tall and a new chimney, at the rear of an existing 2-story single-family residence.
Action Deadline: May 13, 2013
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2013-__; approving, with conditions, Case No. ZON2012-000410, for Site Plan Review Permit.
3. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE – REVIEW PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE EXISTING LAND USE MAP PERTAINING THE LADERA LINDA COMMUNITY CENTER SITE AND THE GATEWAY PARK SITE: City/Citywide (GP/SK)
Request: A request to approve the proposed land use changes to the General Plan land use map related to the Ladera Linda Community Center site and the Gateway Park site.
Recommendation: 1) Approve the proposed land use change to the General Plan land use map pertaining to the City’s portion of the Ladera Linda Community Center property; and 2) Table the discussion regarding the City’s Gateway Park property until a time when Staff brings this item back to the Commission for consideration.
4. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE – REVIEW PROPOSED CHANGES TO THE EXISTING LAND USE MAP REGARDING THE LOCATION OF THE HILLSIDE (HAZARD) LAND USE BOUNDARY: City/Citywide (GP/AH)
Request: A request to approve the proposed land use boundary changes to the General Plan land use map related to the Hillside (formally known as Hazard) land use designation.
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Approve adjusting of the Open Space Hillside boundaries presented within the Staff Report, as recommended by the City Geologist.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
5. MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 26, 2013
6. MINUTES OF MARCH 12, 2013
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
7. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING ON APRIL 23, 2013
The next meeting is scheduled for April 23, 2013 at 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Community Development Director at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.