RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, MAY 22, 2001
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE RECORDING SECRETARY PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, NEW BUSINESS ITEMS NOT HEARD BEFORE ll:00 P.M. WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED AND WILL BE HEARD ON THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2001-11
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
Council Policy Items (Excerpt Minutes):
RECESS/COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items) at APPROXIMATELY 8:30 P.M.:
2. General Plan Amendment No. 27/Zone Change No. 30/Conditional Use Permit No. 210/Grading Permit No. 2163 for the proposed Indian Ridgecrest Gardens Senior Housing Project, Northwest Corner of Crestridge Road and Crenshaw Boulevard. (GP)
Requested Action: Allow to construct a proposed 54-unit apartment building for seniors. Thirteen of the proposed 54 units are proposed to be leased to lower income residents (very low to low income), while the remainder would be leased at market rate. The proposed building is a two-story structure above a subterranean parking structure. The proposed project will include parking, landscaping and an approximate 2,000 square foot community room for residents only. Proposed grading for the project would consist of 25,302 cubic yards of cut, 14,044 cubic yards of fill and 11,258 cubic yards of export.
Recommendation: Open the public hearing, receive a presentation by the developer's geologist pertaining to geologic issues of the proposed project, ask questions, receive public testimony, and continue the item to the June 26, 2001 Planning Commission meeting.
3. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 151 REVISION H, Mr. Dave Wang, and Seabreeze Palos Verdes Maintenance Corporation, (applicant), Tract 46651 (Seabreeze) Sailview and Seabreeze Avenues. (ES)
Requested Action: Modify the conditions of approval to allow additional lot coverage for accessory structures; to allow for walls within the front yard setback of the residential properties of the Seabreeze Community; and to allow for fountains within the front yard setback.
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2001-__, thereby approving Conditional Use Permit No. 151 Revision "H".
4. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 222, Kathleen Hill representing Sprint PCS (applicant), Mr. James Ishibashi, (owner); 5521 Palos Verdes Drive South. (ES)
Requested Action: Allow two (2) omni whip antennae, a GPS antenna, and a micro-cell unit on an existing public utility power pole, along with ground-mounted equipment screened by a 42-inch high wall.
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2001 - ___, thereby conditionally approving Conditional Use Permit No. 222.
5. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 219, Kathleen Hill representing Sprint PCS (applicant), Mr. Thomas Ewald, (applicant); 32315 Forrestal Drive. (ES)
Requested Action: Allow four (4) antenna panels, a GPS antenna, and a micro-cell unit on an existing public utility power pole, along with ground-mounted equipment at the rear of the property.
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2001 - ___, thereby conditionally approving Conditional Use Permit No. 219.
NEW BUSINESS: (NO ITEMS)
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
6. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING OF JUNE 12, 2001.
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday,
June 12, 2001, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.