RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, MARCH 31, 2009
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
ADJOURNED REGULAR MEETING
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DIRECTOR OF PLANNING, BUILDING & CODE ENFORCEMENT PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER ll:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2009-10
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. MARYMOUNT COLLEGE FACILITIES EXPANSION PROJECT (CASE NO.ZON2003-00317 / CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT NO. 9 - REVISION ‘E’, GRADING PERMIT & VARIANCE): 30800 Palos Verdes Drive East / Marymount College (AM)
To review the staff report click here
Request: A request to modernize the existing campus by demolishing 7 of the 13 existing buildings, expanding 4 of the existing buildings (14,916 square feet), constructing 6 new buildings including a new library, athletic building and two resident hall buildings (121,092 square feet), relocating and reconfiguring the recreational facilities, expanding the parking area (for a total of 463 off-street parking spaces), reconfiguring the entry drive, and constructing various on-site improvements. Additionally, the applicant proposes to conduct 102,000 cubic yards of earth movement (51,000 cubic yards of cut and 51,000 cubic yards of fill) that will be balanced on-site. The proposed Project would occur entirely within the boundaries of the existing 24.57-acre campus. No change to the College’s existing academic operation or student enrollment limit is proposed under the current development application.
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Staff recommends that the Commission:
Review the Staff prepared Comments and Response Table on the Final EIR and provide Staff with the direction on any outstanding issues identified by the Commission;
Review the Traffic and Circulation (including parking) section of the project EIR and provide Staff with direction on any issues relating to traffic and parking; and,
Continue the public hearing to April 14, 2009.
(This item was continued from the October 28, November 9, and December 9, 2008 and the January 27 and March 10, 2009 Planning Commission meetings)
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
2. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING ON APRIL 14, 2009
To review the staff report click here
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, April 14, 2009, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Director of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.