AGENDA RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSIONTUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 24, 2009
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE DIRECTOR OF PLANNING, BUILDING & CODE ENFORCEMENT PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER 11:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2009-50 ______________________________________________________________________
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. HEIGHT VARIATION, MINOR EXCEPTION PERMIT & SITE PLAN REVIEW (CASE NO. ZON2009-00149): 4319 Palos Verdes Drive South / Stirling (KF)
Request: Allow the construction of 472-square-foot 1st- and 2nd-floor additions and a 99-square-foot 2nd-floor roof deck for an existing, 1-story single-family residence; and the reduction of the required 25-foot back-up area between the existing detached garage and the proposed 1st-floor addition at the rear of the house to 20’-2”.
Action Deadline: December 18, 2009.
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, thereby denying without prejudice the requested Height Variation, Minor Exception Permit and Site Plan Review (Case No. ZON2009-0149)
2. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT REVISION, ENCROACHMENT PERMIT & SIGN PERMIT (CASE NO. ZON2009-00395): Palos Verdes Drive West & Via Vicente / Oceanfront Estates HOA (KF)
Request: Approve revisions to the provisions of Conditional Use Permit No. 158 to modify the entry landscaping and perimeter fencing for the Oceanfront Estates community, including the replacement of existing 36-inch-tall curved fencing consisting of pilasters and tubular steel panels with a 48-inch-tall precast concrete balustrade in the same location on both sides of Via Vicente; removal of the existing fountains and their replacement with 16-foot diameter planters surrounding 6-foot-tall landscaped urns; placement of a freestanding, 52½-inch-tall, 146-inch-wide wall within the median of Via Vicente to serve as a tract entry identification sign; and replacement of turf and other existing foliage with new native and non-native annuals and perennials.
Action Deadline: December 27, 2009.
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, thereby conditionally approving the requested Conditional Use Permit Revision, Encroachment Permit and Sign Permit (Case No. ZON2009-00395)
3. CODE AMENDMENT (CASE NO. ZON2009-00416): Properties Citywide that are traversed by the Coastal Setback Line / City (ES)
Request: A request to amend Chapter 17.88 of Title 17 of the City’s Municipal Code pertaining to District Boundaries of the Zoning Map. Since the current Code does not specify which maps to use to determine the location of the Coastal Setback Line in individual properties, the proposed Code Amendment will add language to specify that the location of the Coastal Setback Line on individual properties shall be based upon the maps attached to the Geologic report prepared by Earth Sciences Associates (“ESA”) which were prepared in connection with the development of the City’s Coastal Plan in 1976 and are referenced therein.
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2009-__, recommending that the City Council amend Chapter 17.88 of Title 17, adding language that specifies use of the ESA Maps to determine the location of the Coastal Setback Line on individual properties and amend Chapter 17.90 to avoid any conflict with the added language in Section 17.88.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
4. MINUTES OF OCTOBER 27, 2009
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
5. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING ON DECEMBER 8, 2009
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Director of Planning, Building and Code Enforcement at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.