RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, JULY 13, 2010
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE COMMUNIITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER 11:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2010-21 ______________________________________________________________________
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. HEIGHT VARIATION & SITE PLAN REVIEW (CASE NO. ZON2008-00656): 6752 Eddinghill Drive / Alon (LM)
Request: A request to construct a new 587 square foot second story addition and balcony to the rear of the existing 2,503 square foot residence. The proposed residence measures 21’-8” in height, as measured from the lowest finished grade adjacent to the foundation/slab (elev. 103.34’) to the highest ridgeline of the residence (elev. 125.00’).
Action Deadline: September 15, 2010
Recommendation: Review the proposed revised project and if the proposed revisions address the Commission’s concerns, then adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2010-__, thereby approving the proposed project.
(This item was continued from the May 25, 2010 meeting)
2. REVISION TO CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT (CASE NO. ZON2009-00469): 27774 Hawthorne Boulevard / Olivas (SK)
Request: A request to construct a 1,044ft² two-story addition (610ft² ground floor & 434ft² upper floor) to an existing Chevron gas station and car wash facility. The proposed maximum height is 27’-6”, as measured from the point where the lowest foundation or slab meets finished grade, to the ridgeline or the highest point of the structure. The proposed 610ft² ground floor addition and a portion of the existing boutique and office will be converted to a new convenience store area (“ExtraMile”). The proposed 434ft² upper floor will be used as an office space. The project also includes six additional standard parking spaces and one loading space; additional landscaping along the property lines abutting Hawthorne Blvd. and Highridge Rd.; upgrading the existing monument sign to include the “ExtraMile” convenience store; two “ExtraMile” identification signs on the new upper floor building façade; and an exterior modification to the existing Chevron gas station and car wash facility.
Action Deadline: November 4, 2010
Recommendation: Review the revised project, hear public testimony and if the Planning Commission feels that the applicant’s revised project has addressed the Planning Commission’s concerns, adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2010-__, certifying the Mitigated Negative Declaration and adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2010-__, conditionally approving the proposed project (ZON2009-00469).
(This item was continued from the June 22, 2010 Planning Commission meeting)
3. GENERAL PLAN UPDATE – “DRAFT” FISCAL AND LAND USE ELEMENTS: City (GP, KF,AH)
• Commissioner Emenhiser's comments on the "Draft" Fiscal Element with Staff's response
• Commissioner Emenhiser's email comment on the "Draft" Fiscal Element, dated July 6,
• Sub-committee prepared "Draft" Fiscal Element (with existing General Plan Fiscal
• "Draft" Land Use Element (with marked-up copy of original Land Use Element following)
• "Draft" Schedule
Request: A request to review and approve the “Draft” Fiscal Element and the “Draft” Land Use Element.
Action Deadline: None
1) With regards to the Fiscal Element, Staff recommends that the Planning Commission:
A) Review the attached comments submitted by Commissioner Emenhiser (with Staff’s responses noted on the attached comment sheet),
B) Provide direction to Staff on whether to incorporate those comments or not,
C) Consider any additional late comments submitted by the Sub-committee or the Planning Commission, and
D) Approve the proposed “Draft” Fiscal Element with any revisions as directed.
2) With regards to the Land Use Element, Staff recommends that the Planning Commission:
A) Unless the Sub-committee desires more time to review and comment on the “Draft”, approve the Sub-committee’s (Gerstner, Tomblin, Emenhiser) proposed “Draft” Land Use Element.
3) Receive and file the revised “Draft” Schedule.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
4. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING ON JULY 27, 2010
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Community Development Director at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.