RANCHO PALOS VERDES PLANNING COMMISSION
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2011
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK, 29301 HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD
REQUESTS TO SPEAK ON AN ITEM MUST BE SUBMITTED TO THE COMMUNIITY DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR PRIOR TO THE COMPLETION OF THE REMARKS OF THE FIRST SPEAKER ON THE ITEM. NO REQUEST FORMS WILL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THAT TIME.
PURSUANT TO ADOPTED PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURE, UNLESS THE PLANNING COMMISSION AGREES TO SUSPEND ITS RULES, NO NEW BUSINESS WILL BE HEARD AFTER 11:00 P.M. AND NO ITEM WILL BE HEARD PAST MIDNIGHT. ANY ITEMS NOT HEARD BECAUSE OF THE TIME LIMITS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY CONTINUED TO THE NEXT COMMISSION AGENDA.
NEXT P.C. RESOLUTION NO. 2011-33 ______________________________________________________________________
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
City Council Items:
COMMENTS FROM THE AUDIENCE (regarding non-agenda items):
1. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT REVISION “A” (CASE NO. ZON2002-00216): 29941 Hawthorne Boulevard (Chase Bank) / Chhabria (LM)
Request: A request to revise Condition No. 17 of Resolution No. 2008-43 to allow a previously approved office building on the corner of Crest Road and Hawthorne Boulevard to be used as a financial institution (Chase Bank). The square footage of the proposed building will be reduced in size from 7,116 square feet to 6,161 square feet in floor area. The project will accommodate a total of 30 parking spaces (25 parking spaces required for financial institutions). The request also includes a request to revise the Sign Program to allow one (1) building sign along the south side of the building, instead of two building signs, and one (1) additional sign along the west elevation where the entrance to the building will be located.
Action Deadline: December 29, 2011
Recommendation: 1) Review the revised Master Sign Program and the additional information provided to the commission to address concerns related to traffic ingress/egress, lighting and the proposed interior ATM’s; and 2) If the Commission’s concerns have been addressed, adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2011-__, thereby adopting Addendum No. 1 to a previously certified Mitigated Negative Declaration, and approving Conditional Use Permit and Master Sign Program Revision “A” (Case No. ZON2002-00216) to allow an office building to be used as a financial institution (Chase Bank) with new signage.
(This item was continued from the August 23 and September 13, 2011 meetings)
2. CONDITIONAL LARGE DOMESTIC ANIMAL PERMIT (CASE NO. ZON2011-00201): 2 West Pomegranate / Brown (Portuguese Bend Pony Club) (LM)
Request: A request to extend Conditional Large Domestic Animal Permit No. 005. for an additional 5 years with no changes to the current scope of operations or number of horses kept on the property.
Action Deadline: November 11, 2011
Recommendation: Adopt P.C. Resolution No. 2011-__; thereby recommending that the City Council approve a 5-year extension of Conditional Large Domestic Animal Permit No. 005.
3. STATUS UPDATE ON THE PROPOSED LOWER POINT VICENTE PARKING LOT EXPANSION PROJECT: (JR)
Request: A Planning Commission request to receive a status update on the proposed Lower Point Vicente site and parking lot expansion project
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Receive and file the status report.
4. POSSIBLE RESCHEDULING OF THE NOVEMBER 8, 2011 PLANNING COMMISSION MEETING: (JR)
Request: A request to consider re-scheduling the November 8, 2011 Planning Commission Meeting.
Action Deadline: None
Recommendation: Provide Staff with direction on whether to re-schedule or cancel the November 8, 2011 PC meeting.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
5. MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2011
ITEMS TO BE PLACED ON FUTURE AGENDAS:
6. PRE-AGENDA FOR THE MEETING ON OCTOBER 25, 2011
The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 25, 2011, 7:00 P.M. at Hesse Park.
Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, if you require a disability-related modification or accommodation to attend or participate in this meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please call the Community Development Director at 310 544-5228 at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
1. Staff reports are available for inspection at City Hall, 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard during regular business hours, 7:30 A.M. to 5:30 P.M. Monday – Thursday and 7:30 A.M. to 4:30 P.M. on Friday. The agenda and staff reports can also be viewed at Hesse Community Park, 29301 Hawthorne Boulevard during the Planning Commission meeting.
2. Materials related to an item on this Agenda submitted to the Planning Commission after distribution of the agenda packet are available for public inspection at the front counter of the Planning Division lobby at City Hall, which is located at 30940 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes during normal business hours as stated in the paragraph above.
3. You can also view the agenda and staff reports at the City’s website www.palosverdes.com/RPV.
4. Written materials, including emails, submitted to the City are public records and may be posted on the City’s website. In addition, City meetings may be televised and may be accessed through the City’s website. Accordingly, you may wish to omit personal information from your oral presentation or written materials as they may become part of the public record regarding an agendized item.