The regulations for parking RV’s and other vehicles on private property are as follows:
- RV’s and other vehicles may be parked and stored on private property provided the vehicle is parked on a legally paved surface and does not overhang onto the sidewalk or landscaping.
- If the vehicle is parked on a direct access driveway, the vehicle must be parked essentially perpendicular to the street of access.
- If the vehicle is parked in the front yard or on any other portion of a property that is visible from the public right-of-way, the vehicle must be in a reasonably maintained condition or covered.
- One RV or other vehicle may be parked and stored on an undeveloped property if certain provisions are met.
- Parked or stored vehicles may not be occupied or used for sleeping. However, temporary guest permits may be obtained from the City.
If you have any questions about the City’s vehicle parking regulations on private property, or wish to file a complaint regarding the parking or storage of an RV or other vehicle on private property, please contact the City’s Code Enforcement Officers at 310-544-5228 or email@example.com.
On Street Parking of Oversized Vehicles
“Oversized vehicle” means any motorized vehicle that exceeds any of the following: twenty-two feet in length; eight feet in height; seven feet in width; or having a manufacturer’s gross vehicle weight rating of ten thousand pounds or more.
Oversized vehicles may not be parked on any public street within the City without properly displaying an oversized vehicle parking permit issued by the City. These permits are issued through the City’s Public Works Department. If you have any questions regarding the parking of oversized vehicles on public streets or the permit process, please contact Public Works at 310-544-5252 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.