Terrorism may involve devastating acts using weapons of mass destruction. These weapons range from chemical agents, biological hazards, a radiological or nuclear device, and other explosives. The primary objective of a terrorist is to create widespread fear.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Note the location of emergency exits, pay phones, fire alarms and fire extinguishers.
- Report suspicious objects, vehicles or persons to public safety authorities.
If There Is a Terrorist Attack or Threat:
- Stay calm.
- Be vigilant. Look out for secondary hazards such as falling debris, suspicious packages or persons. Report any concerns to public safety authorities.
- Follow the instructions of emergency service personnel.
- Avoid spreading rumors- confirm information with a credible source.