RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC COMMITTEE
MAY 24, 2004
FRED HESSE COMMUNITY PARK
29301 Hawthorne Boulevard, Rancho Palos Verdes
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
II. AUDIENCE COMMENTS
Audience comments for items not on the agenda.
Speakers are requested to fill out a speaker request form.
III. RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC COMMITTEE ACTION ITEMS
IV. OLD BUSINESS
1. SOUTH EASTVIEW/MIRA VISTA NEIGHBORHOOD TRAFFIC CALMING
PLAN (NTCP)– PROPOSED PLAN AMENDMENTS
1. Advise the City Council whether or not the South Eastview Neighborhood
Traffic Calming Plan (NTCP) should be modified based on the following:
- The information, public testimony and other input obtained either prior to or at any of the public meetings where the Plan has been addressed;
- Discussion at the Joint meeting with the City Council on March 30, 2004;
- The proposal of the Sheriff's Department to implement an enhanced traffic education and enforcement program;
- The request from the President of the Terraces HOA that Summerland Avenue be included in the plan;
- The recent request of the Mira Vista HOA that more speed humps be included in the Plan;
- Or for any other proper reason.
2. Request the City Council to approve the South Eastview (Mira Vista)
Neighborhood Traffic Calming 4-step Plan including:
- Expanding the petition process for approving steps 2 through 4.
- Establishing an implementation and evaluation process for steps 1 through 4.
- Removing any reference to restricting traffic on 1st Street.
3. Request the City Council to authorize staff to Implement Step 1 of the plan.
V. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. Sheriff's Department Report (Citation Report)
2. Public works Department Report
3. Other Traffic Committee Business
VI. APPROVAL OF MINUTES: April 26, 2004 Traffic Committee Minutes.
ADJOURN TO REGULAR MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC COMMITTEE TO JUNE 28, 2004, 7:00 PM.