RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC COMMITTEE
JULY 26, 2004
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER:
APPROVAL OF AGENDA:
for items not on the agenda.
Speakers are requested to fill out a speaker request form.
PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC COMMITTEE ACTION ITEMS
1. Receive a presentation from the Sheriff’s Department on TEAM RPV.
2. Forward a recommendation
to the City Council for adoption of TEAM RPV program.
Street and Basswood Avenue Multi-way Stop Request - Appeal
1. Deny request for multi-way stop controls.
2. Refer location
to the Lomita Sheriff Station for enforcement of existing traffic regulations
during school arrival and dismissal periods.
Blvd W/O Indian Peak Road – Cars for Sale - Parking
1. Take No Action
Zone Surveys – Forward recommendation to CC
1. Retain the existing 35 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive East between
Palos Verdes Drive South and Ganado Drive.
2. Retain the existing 35 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive East between
Ganado Drive and Diamonte Lane.
3. Retain the existing 30 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive East between
Diamonte Lane and Miraleste Drive.
4. Retain the existing 30 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive East between
Miraleste Drive and the north City Limit.
5. Retain the existing 45 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive West between
Hawthorne Boulevard and the north City Limit.
6. Retain the existing 35 mph speed limit on Silver Spur Road between
Elkmont Drive and Hawthorne Boulevard.
Drive and Ridgehaven Court/Ridgepoint Court, Ridgegate Drive and Ridgecove
Court Traffic Concerns
1. Install four-way stop controls and associated pavement markings at
the intersection of Ridgegate Drive and Ridgehaven Court/Ridgepoint Court.
2. Install four-way stop controls and associated pavement markings at
the intersection of Ridgegate Drive and Ridgecove Court.
3. Install Stop Ahead warning signs and pavement markings for westbound
motorists on Ridgegate Drive east of Ridgecove Court.
4. Install Stop Ahead warning signs and pavement markings for eastbound
motorists on Ridgegate Drive west of Ridgehaven Court/Ridgepoint Court.
IV. OLD BUSINESS
RV & Oversized vehicles Parking Staff Report
& Oversized vehicles Parking Ava Shepard
1. Take no action on establishing city-wide blanket RV and oversized vehicle
parking restrictions and continue to address RV parking on public roadways
on a case-by-case basis.
Verdes Drive East and Ganado Drive Traffic Concerns
1. Approve the attached final construction signing and striping plan for
PVDE in the vicinity of Ganado Drive.
V. INFORMATIONAL ITEMS
1. Sheriff's Department
Report (Citation Report)
2. Public works Department Report
3. Other Traffic Committee Business
VI. APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
April 26, 2004 Traffic Committee Minutes.
ADJOURN TO REGULAR
MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC COMMITTEE TO AUGUST 23, 2004.