7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
INFORMATIONAL ITEM (Sheriff's Department Report)
1. TOSCANINI DRIVE, ET. AL. TRAFFIC CALMING
- Install 25 mph speed limit (R2-25) sign on the west side of Mt. Shasta Drive at the north line of Mt. Ranier Road.
- Install 25 mph pavement markings as follows:
- Adjacent to the existing R2-25 signs on Toscanini Drive (3 signs) and on Bloomwood Road (1 sign);
- Adjacent to the R2-25 sign recommended above;
- For eastbound traffic on Bloomwood Road east of Mt. Shasta Drive.
- Request additional enforcement from the Lomita Sheriff Station and provide the attached Stealthstat volume and speed data for their use.
- Schedule placement of the City’s radar trailer on Toscanini Drive and on Bloomwood Road in conjunction with, as well as independent from, scheduled enforcement. Coordinate with the Sheriff to determine enforcement schedules.
- As part of future placements of the City’s radar feedback signs, include Toscanini Drive and Bloomwood Road on the rotation schedule.
- Develop, fabricate and coordinate distribution with homeowner group leadership of educational lawn signs for use by residents.
- Finalize, print and coordinate distribution with homeowner group leadership of educational pamphlets for their delivery to residents.
- Obtain new count data 90 days after implementation of Recommendations 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 above and report the findings to the Traffic Safety Commission within 60 days of obtaining and analyzing the data.
2. ON-STREET PARKING OF OVERSIZED VEHICLES
- That the Chair of the Traffic Commission and the Director of Public Works sign the attached memorandum to the City Council dated June 27, 2005 entitled On-Street Parking of Oversized Vehicles.
3. TRAFFIC SIGNAL PRIORITY LIST
- Establish the Traffic Signal Installation Procedure as outlined in Attachment A.
- Request Staff return to the Traffic Safety Commission within 60 days with a Traffic Signal Prioritization List based on the procedure identified in Attachment A.
- Selection of a Vice Chair.
- Western Avenue Task Force Subcommittee
RECEIVE AND FILE
- Public works Department Report
- Deployment of Resources – Speed Trailers
- Mira Vista
- Hawthorne/Highridge - Verbal
- Increased Enforcement – PVDrive East
- Western Avenue Task Force Update - Verbal
- Grant Applications - Verbal
- Other Traffic Safety Commission Business
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of minutes of May 23, 2005
ADJOURN TO REGULAR MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION TO JULY 25, 2005.