RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION
OCTOBER 24, 2005
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
SHERIFF’S STATUS REPORT
1. PALOS VERDES DRIVE EAST BRONCO DRIVE TO SUNNYSIDE RIDGE ROAD TRAFFIC CONTROLS
1. Deny request for multi-way stop controls on Palos Verdes Drive East at Bronco Drive and at Headland Drive (north and south).
2. Repaint the yellow double yellow centerline striping, “STOP” pavement marking and white limit line on Bronco Drive at Palos Verdes Drive East.
3. Replace the existing equestrian crossing (W45) sign on the west side of Palos Verdes Drive East south of Headland Drive (south) with a “side road” (W7A) sign and “Bronco Road” plate.
4. Install Equestrian signs (W45) and “NEXT XXX FEET” signs as follows:
a. On the west side of Palos Verdes Drive East at Sunnyside Ridge Road.
b. On the west side of Palos Verdes Drive East at Headland Dr (north).
c. On the east side of Palos Verdes Drive East at Roan Road.
d. On the east side of Palos Verdes Drive East at Headland Drive (south).
5. Replace the white centerline striping on Headland Drive (north and south) at Palos Verdes Drive East with double yellow centerline striping.
6. Trim the vegetation on the west side of Palos Verdes Drive East north of Headland Drive (south).
7. Continue coordination with the Equestrian Committee to address trail and crossing issues on Palos Verdes Drive East between Sunnyside Ridge Road and Bronco Drive.
8. Initiate discussion with Headland Drive homeowners regarding the potential of limiting Headland Drive (south) to entry only access.
2. CITYWIDE RED CURB INSTALLATION POLICY AT INTERSECTIONS
1. Establish a policy to install red curb (No Stopping Anytime) as follows:
a. Where a dedicated right-turn lane exists on an intersection approach, install red curb for the entire length of the right-turn lane.
b. At non-signalized intersections, install 20 feet of red curb on the near and far sides of the intersection, subject to the provisions of Recommendation a).
c. At signalized intersections, install 40 feet of red curb on the near side of the intersection and 20 feet of red curb on the far side of the intersection, subject to the provisions of Recommendation a).
2. Submit a recommendation to City Council to authorize the Director of Public Works or his/her designee to install red curb per the above policy.
3. Install 6 feet of red curb on both sides of alleys and multi-use driveways.
4. Do not install “NO STOPPING ANYTIME” signs to supplement intersection red curb.
3. CITYWIDE TRAFFIC SIGNAL PRIORITY LIST
Attachment A - New Traffic Signal Installation Priority List
1. Approve the Traffic Signal Priority List as identified in Attachment A for submittal to City Council for approval.
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
RECEIVE AND FILE
1. Public Works Department Report
a. RV Parking Ordinance Update
b. Golden Meadow Dr Update
c. Mira Vista Traffic Calming Update
d. Toscanini Area Traffic Calming Update
e. Hazelridge Dr w/o Lomo Dr Striping and Visibility
f. Hawthorne Blvd near Silver Spur Rd Traffic Control
g. PVDE Equestrian Access Plan Update
h. Radar Trailer/Feedback Sign Deployment Update
i. Ambergate tree trimming
2. Traffic Safety Commission General Business
a. School Representative Assignments
b. Distribute City Maps
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of minutes of August 22, 2005
Approval of minutes of September 26, 2005
ADJOURN TO REGULAR MEETING OF THE TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION TO DECEMBER 5, 2005.