RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION
DECEMBER 12, 2005
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
December 13 Planning Commission Scoping Meeting – Marymount College
SHERIFF’S STATUS REPORT
1. CITYWIDE TRAFFIC SIGNAL PRIORITY LIST
1. Approve the Traffic Signal Priority List as identified in Attachment A for submittal to City Council for approval.
1. CITYWIDE RED CURB INSTALLATION POLICY AT INTERSECTIONS
1. Establish a policy to install red curb (No Stopping Anytime) as follows:
a. Where a dedicated right-turn lane exists on an intersection approach, install red curb for the entire length of the right-turn lane.
b. At non-signalized intersections, install 20 feet of red curb on the near and far sides of the intersection, subject to the provisions of Recommendation a).
c. At signalized intersections, install 40 feet of red curb on the near side of the intersection and 20 feet of red curb on the far side of the intersection, subject to the provisions of Recommendation a).
2. Establish a policy to install 6 feet of red curb on both sides of alleys and multi-use driveways.
3. Submit a recommendation to City Council to authorize the Director of Public Works or his/her designee to install red curb per the above policy.
4. Do not install “NO STOPPING ANYTIME” signs to supplement intersection red curb.
2. AVENIDA FELICIANO SPEEDING
1. Place the City radar trailer on Avenida Feliciano per the current deployment schedule.
2. Place the City’s StealthStat radar measurement devices on Avenida Feliciano to obtain 24-hour speed and volume measurements, and provide the resultant data to the Sheriff for their use.
3. Request additional speed enforcement from the Lomita Sheriff Station.
4. Coordinate a lawn sign program with neighborhood leadership.
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
RECEIVE AND FILE
1. Public Works Department Report
a. RV Parking Ordinance Update
b. Golden Meadow Dr Update
c. Mira Vista Traffic Calming Update
d. Toscanini Area Traffic Calming Update
e. Via Rivera update
f. Hawthorne Blvd near Silver Spur Rd Traffic Control
g. PVDE Equestrian Access Plan Update
h. Radar Trailer/Feedback Sign Deployment Update
i. Ambergate tree trimming
2. Traffic Safety Commission General Business
a. School Representative Assignments
b. Distribute City Maps
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of minutes of August 22, 2005
Approval of minutes of September 26, 2005
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, DATE TO BE DETERMINED.