RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION
JUNE 26, 2006
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
School Liaison Program
SHERIFF’S STATUS REPORT
CONTINUED BUSINESS - NONE
- ON-STREET PARKING OF VEHICLES
- Consider the comments contained in the attached e-mail from Mr. Ernie Giannioses, representing the RPV Parking Rights Coalition, Good Sam, and Family Motor Coach Association (Attachment H).
- Consider approval of the attached on-street parking restriction ordinance as modified per direction from the Traffic Safety Commission on April 24, 2006 (Attachment A).
- Consider the merits of the attached on-street parking restriction alternatives that were rejected at the April 24, 2006 Traffic Safety Commission meeting and prepare opinions for each (Attachments B-D).
- Forward the approved ordinance and the rejected alternatives, with opinions for each, to the City Council for adoption.
- SPEED ZONE SURVEY PALOS VERDES DRIVE SOUTH
- Retain the existing 45 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive South East between Palos Verdes Drive West and a point 1,500 feet east of Seacove Drive.
- Establish a 35 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive South between a point 1,500 feet east of Seacove Drive and a point 1,300 feet west of Schooner Drive.
- Establish a 40 mph speed limit on Palos Verdes Drive South between a point 1,300 feet west of Schooner Drive and the east City Limit.
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for itemsnot on the agenda.
RECEIVE AND FILE
- Public Works Department Report.
- Toscanini Area Traffic Calming Update.
- Via Rivera update.
- Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program Update.
- Hawthorne/Grayslake Traffic Light Modification Accident Analysis.
- Hawthorne/Ravenspur Right Lane Modifications Accident Analysis.
- Long Point Development Review Update.
- Summary of Sheriff Ride Along.
- Update on California MUTCD.
- Annual Traffic Count Program.
- Route 213 Adaptive Signal Control System Improvement Project
- Other Traffic Safety Commission Business
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of minutes of May 22, 2006
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED SPECIAL MEETING OF THE PLANNING COMMISSION & TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, JULY 24, 2006DECEMBER.