7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Based on direction received from the Traffic Safety Commission during the June 26, 2006 meeting, the following recommendations were developed and are presented here for consideration:
1. Consider establishing a limit of 24 oversized vehicle parking permits per year that may be issued to a resident of Rancho Palos Verdes for use in parking their own oversized vehicle or the bona fide guest of such resident based on the general procedures contained in the ordinance approved by the Traffic safety Commission on June 26, 2006.
2. Consider setting a fee of $10 per permit issued.
3. Consider establishing a permit process that may include the following:
1. VIA RIVERA
1. Acknowledge the previous traffic calming recommendation including five speed humps and additional all-way stop controls.
2. Consider the feasibility of the following traffic calming options:
3. Consider Public Comment on the additional traffic calming options
4. Authorize Staff to provide the additional traffic calming options to the neighborhood leadership for discussion, circulation and feedback.
5. Authorize Staff to coordinate further public meetings to discuss the traffic calming options and attempt to obtain consensus.
6. Report to City Council on the actions taken.
1. Deny the request for installation of a flashing beacon on Crest Road in advance of Anacapa Drive.
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
RECEIVE AND FILE
1. FORESTALL / PALOS VERDES DRIVE SOUTH TRAFFIC SIGNAL
1. Public Works Department Report.
2. Other Traffic Safety Commission Business
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, AUGUST 28, 2006.