7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
Based on direction received from the Traffic Safety Commission during the July 24, 2006 meeting, the following recommendations were developed and are presented here for consideration:
1. Consider approval of the attached on-street parking restriction ordinance as modified per direction from the Traffic Safety Commission on July 23, 2006 (Attachment A).
2. Consider the merits of the attached on-street parking restriction alternatives that were rejected at previous Traffic Safety Commission meetings and prepare opinions for each (Attachments B-D).
3. Forward the approved ordinance and the rejected alternatives, with opinions for each, to the City Council for adoption.
1. VIA RIVERA
1. Install all-way stop control at the intersection of Via Rivera and Rue Valois.
2. Install all-way stop control at the intersection of Via Rivera and Rue La Fleur.
3. Install all-way stop control at the intersection of Via Rivera and Via Borica.
1. Deny the request for installation of a flashing beacon on Crest Road in advance of Anacapa Drive.
1. Install Right Turn on Red prohibitions for westbound motorists on Crestridge Road at Crenshaw Boulevard.
2. Retain the protected left-turn phasing recommendation for Crenshaw Boulevard at Crestridge Road on Citywide Traffic Signal Modification Prioritization List and continue to pursue funding sources.
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
RECEIVE AND FILE
1. Public Works Department Report.
2. Other Traffic Safety Commission Business
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, SEPTEMBER 25, 2006.