RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION
MARCH 5, 2007
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
SHERIFF’S STATUS REPORT
1. TOSCANINI DRIVE, ET. AL. TRAFFIC CALMING
Attachment A – Existing traffic controls
Attachment B – “Before” and “After” data comparison
Attachment C – Proposed speed hump locations
1. Accept the resident petition requesting installation of speed humps on the following roadways:
1. Toscanini Drive between Mt. Palomar Place and Mt. Shasta Drive.
2. Mt. Shasta Drive between Mt. Rainier Road and Bloomwood Road.
3. Bloomwood Road between Mt. Shasta Drive and the East City Limit.
4. Mt. Rainier Road between Mt. Shasta Drive and Mt. Rose Road.
5. Mt. Rose Road between Mt. Rainier Road and Bloomwood Road.
6. Consider public comment regarding the proposed installation of twelve speed humps on the above roadways.
7. Direct Staff to identify funding sources for design and construction of the speed humps including, but not limited to:
a. 2007/08 Fiscal Year Budget Request.
b. Funding mechanisms to be contained in the updated Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program procedures.
c. Grant possibilities.
RECEIVE AND FILE
a. Action Items Matrix
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
1. Public Works Department Report.
a. Via Rivera Traffic Calming Update.
b. Long Point Development Review Update.
c. Palos Verdes Drive East Comprehensive Study.
d. Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program update.
e. HSIP Grant Application.
f. Palos Verdes Drive East Interim Lane Reduction Project update
2. Other Traffic Safety Commission Business
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
Approval of minutes of January 29, 2007
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED
TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, MARCH 26, 2007