RANCHO PALOS VERDES TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION
CITY HALL COMMUNITY ROOM
FEBRUARY 25, 2008
7:00 P.M. REGULAR SESSION
CALL TO ORDER
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
SHERIFF’S STATUS REPORT
1. ON-STREET PARKING OF OVERSIZED VEHICLES
- Provide comments and direction on the improved options to implement the Traffic Safety Commission’s objectives relative to parking controls for Oversized Vehicles on City streets, and/or approve attached Ordinance to be presented to the City Council, per the attached on-street parking restriction ordinance (Attachment A –draft; the comments given by TSC on January 28, 2008 are incorporated in the draft ordinance).
1- HAWTHORNE BOULEVARD NEAR RYAN PARK
Deny the request to prohibit parking on the west side of Hawthorne Boulevard adjacent to
3. MANAGEMENT AUDIT REPORT AND TSC MILESTONES AND BUDGET
- Approve the attached striping plan for Miraleste Drive between Palos Verdes Drive East and Via Colinita.
RECEIVE AND FILE
- Discuss Traffic elements of the management report and provide feedback to City Council
- Discuss and provide written response to City Council regarding their decision of Feb 5, 2008, to approve month-to-month budget for Traffic Management Services contract
- Review Milestones for implementation
- Action Items Matrix
This section of the agenda is for audience comments for items not on the agenda.
- Safe Route to School Grant Application Status
- PVDE East Comprehensive Study Status
- Updated Neighborhood Traffic Calming Program Status: CC March 4, 2008. TSC recommending Alternate 1 (Residents Funding), staff recommending alternate 2 ( Shared funding)
- Oversized Vehicles parking restrictions : Should the draft ordinance be approved by TSC tonight , it will be scheduled to be presented to the CC in March 2008.
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Approval of minutes of October 22, December 10 and January 28, 2007
ADJOURN TO THE NEXT REGULARLY SCHEDULED
TRAFFIC SAFETY COMMISSION MEETING, MARCH 24, 2008